PDA

View Full Version : Help

jérémie Ter-Heide
11-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Hello,

I'm a french student in engeneer school(ENSTIB) in France, The specificity of my school is technologies for wood industry. I have to find a training period of two month in USA between the middle of June 2005 and the middle of september 2005.

I hope that somebody here can help me to find a company.

THANK YOU

Aaron Koehl
11-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Je suis désolé que je ne peux pas aider, mais la bonne chance et accueillir à SawmillCreek!

Mac McAtee
11-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Now Aaron, I recken that would qualify as a gloat on your part. Well done!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Jeremie,

Welcome to the 'Creek!

What kind of a company are you looking to intern with?.....A company that harvests timber and then produces paper and wood products/lumber or a company that takes wood products and produces a finished product....furniture etc?

Donnie Raines
11-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Ouais. ...What Aron a dit !

Vous pouvez vouloir visiter aussi le Woodweb.Com. Ils ont une section dévouée à opportunties de travail et commerce dans le buisness.

Royce Meritt
11-11-2004, 12:17 PM
OK you guys.. JUST STOP IT!!! My limited brain capacity keeps me from understanding a lot of your posts when they are in ENGLISH!!!

Dan Gill
11-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Je suis désolé que je ne peux pas aider, mais la bonne chance et accueillir à SawmillCreek!

Help him! He spoke French!

(Only those who wasted their youth listening to Steve Martin will get that one.)

Marshall Harrison
11-11-2004, 12:39 PM
I must be loosing my mind. I can't understand half of what yo yguys are saying. How come the only french in this thread comes from the people on this side of the pond?

Welcome jérémie!

jérémie Ter-Heide
11-12-2004, 10:44 AM
In fact I'm looking for sawmills or furnitures manufactorer, but any company which work with wood (primary or secondary transformation) is interesting for me.

thank you

Bart Leetch
11-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Help I've had a stroke & died & gone to France is this my punishment to be forever banished to a place where I can't communicate or understand whats being said. Said in the voice of the cartoon Aardvark. :eek: :D

Welcome to Sawmill Creek jérémie Ter-Heide. :)

Matthew Poeller
11-12-2004, 2:21 PM
I graduated not too long ago with my mechy degree and would be happy to help you find something. I can do a little bit of research for you and get you some company names. Unfortunately I am not in an industry that deals with wood but I have a few contacts around.

Send me a personal mail through this site with you e-mail and I will contact you.

James Giordano
11-12-2004, 5:02 PM
I work in a large Sawmill in New York. You could e-mail the company or give a call. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we could accomodate your request.We always like to show off our facilities.

http://www.gutchess.com (http://www.gutchess.com/)

HumanResources@gutchess.com (HumanResources@gutchess.com)

800-474-5862.

We do everything from cutting the standing timber to lumber manufacturing to international export.
We also have a dimension mill in Pennsylvania where we manufacture hardwood products such as flooring, moldings, etc. and we have another dimension mill currently being assembled here on our New York facility which is very likely to be operational well before June 2005.
:D :D :D

thomas prevost
11-12-2004, 6:04 PM
Some suggestions. Both Stickley Furniture Co (arts and crafts) near Syracuse NY and Harden Furniture near Camden NY (cherry traditional) have internships available locally. But, a good place to look for assistance is to contact Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester NY. School of Arts and Crafts. They have a wood working program for fine arts. They co op(intern) students to many different types of industries from craft shops to large manufacturers. They may be able to assist you in locating a place OR perhaps a student exchange semester at their school may be another choice.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-12-2004, 8:12 PM
Here in Lewiston, Idaho where I live we have a large lumber mill and papermill owned and operated by the Potlatch Corporation. If you'd be interested I could probably make some calls and get some local contacts. I'm sure they'd be interested in allowing you to visit there plants. They also have some rather large tree farms locally where they grow there seedlings for replanting their rather large acreages in the mountains nearby.

Charles McKinley
11-13-2004, 7:22 PM
Hi Jeremie,

Check out:
http://www.hickmanlumber.com/hlframe.html

Dennis Hickman is the president I think. They do forest management and ship lumber world wide. They could probably do something for you. If you come here I can probably help you find a place to stay.

Good luck in your search

jérémie Ter-Heide
11-15-2004, 4:07 AM
thank you very much for your help