PDA

View Full Version : Tool Aquisition Gloat. II

Bill Wyko
04-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Another friend of mine is closing his cabinet shop and was selling some tools. He had people come in and offer insulting prices for top notch tools like festool and Porter cable. He told me he would rather do some trading with me before he would let those people steal the tools to turn around and sell them at the swap meet. So we are doing some bartering. In the deal he gave me a Festool RO125, a CT22, a Kapex, 4 PC routers 3 of which are 7518 units. A bunch of monster shaper bits, a digital stop fence for the miter saw, a bench to go with it and more clamps than most home depots have in stock. This along with 4 3-M air sanders and boxes of air nails and sand paper. His generosity is unimaginable. He's a truly good man. I pray his future endeavors go well for him. When it comes to my end of the trade, you can bet I'll hook him up solid. The tools are already making a difference in our production here. I'm more motivated now to set the shop up proper.

Neil Brooks
04-03-2010, 12:23 PM
You suck :D

[I'm 100% ready for a tool gloat. Working *very hard* with a not-too-motivated seller, on getting a fair price on their Unisaw X5.....]

Good score. Cheers !!

Van Huskey
04-03-2010, 12:29 PM
That deserves a:

YOU SUCK!

Bill Wyko
04-03-2010, 1:15 PM
HEY, at least they didn't go to some swapmeet vendor to be sold to someone with no idea what they are working with. :D:D:D:D

Bill Wyko
04-03-2010, 1:19 PM
That deserves a:

YOU SUCK!

I see you used the appropriate capital letters.:D

Seriously though, I will be doing a lot of work on his motor home. I look forward to it.

Mike Cruz
04-03-2010, 3:16 PM
Awesome!!!!!

Robert Reece
04-03-2010, 6:29 PM
If you didn't get the Bench Cookies, you got ripped off. :rolleyes:

Bill Huber
04-03-2010, 6:38 PM
+3 on the You SUCK:D:D

That is some really nice tools.

Michael Dunn
04-04-2010, 1:47 PM
PLUS INFINITY on the YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Man, I have found some cool deals, but NEVER anything of that type $$$$ of value. Good find.

Nah, just kidding. I LOVE Festool. Faster, Easier, Smarter, just like they say. I LOVE my OF 1400 EQ router.

I would kill for that Kapex!!!

How much did you say you paid?

Michael Dunn
04-04-2010, 1:48 PM
LOL!!! I agree, no dice man. Tell him I'll take it instead.

Mark Woodmark
04-04-2010, 6:52 PM
Very nice, especially the Festool RO125

Doug W Swanson
04-04-2010, 8:38 PM
Seriously though, I will be doing a lot of work on his motor home. I look forward to it.

Or making him one of your humidors?

Nice gloat!

Doug

Brent Ring
04-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Nice Gloat!

Bill Wyko
04-06-2010, 6:42 PM

HAHAAA I did. I found them in one of the bins.:D

Already putting a lot of it to good use. The brushes for the Kapex will be in tomorrow. It'll be going right to work immediately. I'm building a display case for the red cross for a quilt they want to display.

All in all I owe my friend a big one. What ever he needs for that motor home I'll handle it.:)