PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet Master problem and fix......

Bill Huber
04-02-2010, 7:32 PM
I have 8 Jorgensen Cabinet Master clamps that I use all the time. I really like them and they do a great job, yes I have some Besseys and Jets also but I like the Cabinet Master the best.

Out of the 8 that I have there is one that I have had a problem with for a long time. The handle did not turn very easy and it was also hard to get loose or slide down the bar. I lived with it, I had the clamp to long to ask for a replacement.

Well it finally got to me and I looked into it.
I removed the little screw in the top cap, which really does not screw into anything. Took off the cap and could see the problem right off.

If you look at the picture you will see that the clamp screw has a big washer on the end that fits into a slot on each side. The problem was the washer had come out of the slot on one side. I popped it back into the slot but when I went to use and put a little pressure on the clamp it popped right out again.

The fix, now this does require a lot of skill. I laid the clamp on my metal vise and whacked it with a big hammer. As you can see the channel is now bent a little and the washer can not come out any more.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but is so here is the fix.

147079 147080

tyler mckenzie
04-02-2010, 7:42 PM
i've had one of my jorgs pop out on applying to much pressure, like you sad super easy fix.

David DeCristoforo
04-02-2010, 9:54 PM
"I laid the clamp on my metal vise and whacked it with a big hammer..."

My granddaddy used to say "If you cain't fix it with a bigger hammer, it ain't worth fixin'...."

Callan Campbell
04-02-2010, 10:10 PM
The fix, now this does require a lot of skill. I laid the clamp on my metal vise and whacked it with a big hammer. As you can see the channel is now bent a little and the washer can not come out any more.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but is so here is the fix.

147079 147080[/QUOTE]
Man Bill, that skill part looks tough!!!;) Thanks for the info, sometimes it's all in the "finese" with a hammer, not how big it is.:p