PDA

View Full Version : Can't Believe

Rod Upfold
04-02-2010, 7:05 PM
Had to race down to the local drugstore - the only thing thats open on a "Goodfriday". Part of the store was blocked off because of the holiday - started looking for a card. Look at all the cards - damn - they are all birthday cards. Looked in the next asile and could see the type of card that I needed...but the damn the asile was in the blocked off section of the store.

I asked one of the women there if she would get me one of those cards - she says that I am not suppose to go in the blocked off area for a sale. But, she went over there and started reading them - do you want a serious one, funny one - I said oh give me a funny one . I didn't really care as long as I had a aniversary card signed and sealed before my wife got up. Went to pay for the card and the bloody thing was $7.35 and I only had $7.00 and 15 cents - she said it was okay "Happy Easter"

I have forgotten the aniversary 4 times since we been married - you can forget about birthdays, christmas and any other type of celebration - but not the "WEDDING ANIVERSARY" - they dont forget.

Anyways got it home in time and safe for another year.

33 years and still going

Rod

Scott Shepherd
04-02-2010, 7:22 PM
33 years and still going

Rod

Until she joins SawMill Creek and reads this :p

Carlos Alden
04-02-2010, 8:05 PM
Rod -
Good for you for doing what you can to remember and do something about it. I am thankful that in 25 years of marriage and two kids I have not once forgotten a birthday or anniversary. Sometimes I have to consciously work at what day it is, but that's just a detail, and I believe in cards and flowers and chocolate, lots of chocolate. She's the same with me.

I suppose I'm just building up karma for the day when I DO forget, then she'll say "oh, that's okay, I know you love me." :)

Carlos

John A langley
04-02-2010, 9:01 PM
Okay guys - you make me look really bad. Here's my deal. My wife and I (2nd marriage for both of us) got married at a wedding chapel in Yuma Arizona in October of 1977. The following August we had another wedding ceremony in the church with her kids and my kids present.
Since then (33 years) I've had a good deal going. My wife will say to me, "Its our anniversary." and my reply is always, "Don't we celebrate the other one?"
It always worked.............at least up till now. (she reads these too!!!)

Ken Fitzgerald
04-02-2010, 9:21 PM
Our anniversary is on Christmas Eve. It's difficult to forget.

Jim Rimmer
04-02-2010, 9:57 PM
Rod:

You obviously have a computer. Do you use Outlook or any other software that will let you set up reminders to pop up in advance of an important event? As my son says, don't work when you don't have to; let Bill Gates do the work for you.

Carlos Alden
04-03-2010, 1:06 AM

You probably planned it that way just so you wouldn't forget. Sheesh. Makes the rest of us look bad.

Carlos

Lee Schierer
04-03-2010, 8:38 AM

We also got married Christmas eve 1970. It will be 40 years this Christmas. See I even remember the year.

The problem with a Christmas eve anniversary is figuring out what to give her and then also for Christmas followed by her birthday Feb 3....:eek:

Chris Kennedy
04-03-2010, 9:12 AM
We got married on February 28, which is relatively easy to remember. Of course, I still remember only a day before.

Cheers,

Chris

Mike Cruz
04-03-2010, 9:24 AM
Chris, you should have waited a day, then you would only have to remember every 4 years... ;)

Mark Stutz
04-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Haven't forgotten an Anniversary, only because I vividly remember the one my father forgot! :eek: Decided then and there I didn't ever want to go thru that!:D:D

Mark

Michael Weber
04-03-2010, 12:06 PM
$7.35?:eek: I think that last time I bought a card it was like 25 cents.

James Rambo
04-03-2010, 6:32 PM
My anniversary, My wifes birthday and Valentines day all fall in a 7 day period. I can't forget them EVER.

Matt Meiser
04-03-2010, 6:38 PM
$7.35?:eek: I think that last time I bought a card it was like 25 cents.

He's in Canada so its even worse, but yeah. :mad:

Won't say any more lest my cousin-in-law the Hallmark artist reads this.

Bill Cunningham
04-03-2010, 9:15 PM
You should have bought her a lottery ticket!
I hate cards with a passion and my wife knows it.. I don't know about the 'Hall' part, but 'Mark' certainly describes their customers.. For some strange reason, the Canadian price on cards is usually at least 25% higher, and the Canabuck is touching par with the greenback right now and on track to rise above it again in the next little while.. I would rather take her out and spend a hundred bucks on dinner than give those paper peddling parasites ten cents..