PDA

View Full Version : Rosette cutters

Mike Cunningham
04-01-2003, 2:34 PM
I need to buy one and possibly more rosette cutters. Does anyone here have experience with Grizzly's cutters and/or any other brands? If so, opinions would be welcome. Thanks.

Steve Clardy
04-01-2003, 3:25 PM
replaceable insert cutters. Works real well, but I found out that to keep the chattering down and make good cuts, your quill on the drill press needs to be very snug. No looseness at all. If it does has looseness, the cutter will not cut smooth. Steve

Bill Sams
04-01-2003, 4:47 PM
I have an individual cutter head and purchase steel knives for applicable design. You can also have cutters made to your exact profile. The carbide cutters are very small in diameter ( the ones I've seen) but run at a higher rpm. The individual knife heads need to run at no higher rpm than 350. Make sure your drill press has that low of speed, alot don't. Wilke machinery has a set for around $40.00, head and 4 cutters, good deal if the profiles match what you want.

jack duren
04-01-2003, 6:12 PM
thx bill for mentioning Wilke machinery. im in the middle of buying some right now. actual price is $49.99 but considering the stock cutters coming with it, its a great deal. thx again.....jack