PDA

View Full Version : Clearvue Blast Gates

Chris Parks
04-01-2010, 9:27 PM
Anyone had any experience with these? Do they give any advantages? Thanks.

John Coloccia
04-01-2010, 10:58 PM
I can't say enough good things about Clearvue, their cyclone and their company. That said, I don't like their blast gates. I much prefer the metal blast gates that are self cleaning. Also, the Clearvue gates can flex and make it difficult to get the sliding part in and out. It's a pain to pull it out just right so that it doesn't come all the way out and just hangs there. If you take it all the way out, the lips act like reeds and make this loud, irritating horn sound as air rushed through. I use them because they came with the package, and I'm too lazy to go through and replace them all now that I'm up and running.

If I had to do it again from scratch, I would replace them with nice, metal gates, and keep the Clearvue ones around as "free" gates to use on less frequently used tools.

Just my opinion.

Rick Prosser
04-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Was your experience with the new version that they have now - or the old version? The new ones are self cleaning and don't seem to pull out all the way.

I was thinking about ordering some, but ...

Chris Parks
04-03-2010, 3:50 AM
I was hoping for a larger response, does that mean they are not widely used?

Chris Parks
04-03-2010, 3:58 AM

John Coloccia
04-03-2010, 7:49 AM
Was your experience with the new version that they have now - or the old version? The new ones are self cleaning and don't seem to pull out all the way.

I was thinking about ordering some, but ...

My experience is with the old ones. I just went out to the site to look at their new ones (which must be pretty new). It looks like they fixed ALL of the problems with the old ones. Now here is a company that really listens to their customers!

Given what I see now, I would definitely try their new blast gates, no question. On their old gates, you could stick the pipe in too far, blocking the gate from working. A little annoying, but not a big deal by any means. They even fixed that minor issue by adding a positive stop. Nice.

Terry Hatfield
04-03-2010, 8:24 AM

I think that they are new enough that not many have them. I builkt my own gates but the new CV's look very, very nice and well engineered to me.

t