PDA

View Full Version : X4 Problem

Jeff Belany
04-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Corel X4 is driving me crazy (not a long trip), hope one of you gurus can help. Just so you know - I'm not a newbie, I've used Corel since version 3, version 8 for 10 years and X3 & X4 for the last year. My icons are changing size at random, sometimes in a matter of an hour, without restarting Corel. I can change them back but to do this 3 or 4 times a day is nuts! I check the 'Save as Defaults' but it doesn't matter. Any ideas? I have a new monitor but this didn't happen until the last few weeks.

Another irritating Corel issue -- when I use the arrow keys to move an object the x,y coordinates don't change as I move the object. The only way I can check the x,y is to click off the object and then click it again. This was not the way is used to work. Is this a X4 issue? I really use that function a lot to move something into position.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Dave Johnson29
04-01-2010, 3:46 PM
Hi Jeff,

Can't help with the icons and I use v10. When you nudge an object the coords change at the top of the screen and in the Transformation Docker if it is open.

Maybe an X4 thing. I assume you have "Relative Position" unchecked.

I tend to use the Dockers more than the top of the screen. I always have Transformation, Object Manager and Object Properties open. If it is an x4 glitch, maybe see if it does what you want in the Docker.

Jeff Belany
04-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks Dave, the position does change in the docker. But, it does not in the toolbar at the top. I guess I'll have to start using the docker all the time.

I sent a message to Corel but they are closed for the holiday.

Jeff

Mike Null
04-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Just a shot in the dark but check your transform tool bar and see if it is checked.

Jeff Belany
04-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Well, I just discovered the cause of my icons changing size but have no idea what might fix it. I noticed that as soon as I open Photoshop my Corel icons shrink. Close Photoshop and they return to normal. At least I can fix this even though I don't have a clue why this should happen. No response from Corel.

Now, if I could keep my tool bars from moving around. Another mystery.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Rodne Gold
04-08-2010, 4:01 PM
Try reset back to default values , I think you press F8 when it loads.

Dan Hintz
04-08-2010, 7:27 PM
I would consider asking Adobe why their program messes with the icons of another one...