PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Engrave Machine

herzl rotem
04-01-2010, 4:01 AM
Hello,

I encountered a mallfunction with my Legend 32
Epilog told me that they will not handel the mallfunbction because the Tube type Coherent G50 is obsolete.
Having no choise and after calling Coherent and verifing this fact I dissaasmbeled the tube and was lucky to find 2 burned ressistors.I replaced the resistors and the tube functioned again!-but only for several days and mallfunctioned again.This time I did not find any bad component and I am in bad condition as I probably need to give up.
However I still would like to try find a solution.
I am looking for some help or assistance which can be given like:
*Does any one have a tube G 50 for sale?
*Did any one manage to installed another tube using the same electrical connection and power supply?
*did any one faced such a problem?What was the solution?
*Any othet idea?

Regards,

Rotem

Dan Hintz
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Resistors are one of the toughest electrical critters around and rarely burn out by themselves... they're usually the result of some other component going bad. Replacing them will almost always net you exactly what you saw, a short period of operation, but the underlying problem still remains.

AL Ursich
04-01-2010, 1:11 PM
Get access to a good Capacitor Meter and look for a open or shorted Capacitior.... Or a cold solder joint on the Capacitors.

With burnt resistors I suspect the resistors are now open again and a shorted Cap is near by...

AL