PDA

View Full Version : Wobble be gone!

Mike McAfee
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
I asked for advise in a previous thread about the low speed wobble of my chuck on my new Nova 1624 and the general consensus was (after running the obvious tests) that it was the el cheapo Wood River insert! Yep, the WR is approx .25 inch shorter than the TT insert (manufacture recommended) and was not seating fully in the chuck!

Running true now!

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement!

MMc

Bernie Weishapl
04-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Mike glad you got it fixed.

Thom Sturgill
04-01-2010, 7:10 AM
I'll one up Bernie. I'm not only glad you got it fixed, I'm glad you posted the problem :D.
I just upgraded and am faced with the same issue, I need to replace the insert with a larger one. You saved me from going the same route and buying an adapter that will not work.:eek:

Steve Schlumpf
04-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Glad to hear your problem has been resolved! This was not the first time this problem has come up - but hopefully your recent thread will alert others and they will avoid the same issue.

Mark Hubl
04-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Teknatool has now posted this problem on their website and when I was recently at Woodcraft they also had something posted near the spindle adapters. Guess too many of us frugal turners have experienced this problem.