PDA

View Full Version : Suprise Bithday Present from LOML

Paul Ryan
03-31-2010, 11:06 PM
This was waiting for me when I got home today thanks to my wife. She said it was an early birthday present. It will compliment the beat up #4 that I have been working with. I had to run out to the shop and try it out.

Dave Beauchesne
03-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Paul:

I turn 50 on the 9th - the LOML is wheelchair bound, so I don't expect I will get a Neander treat, but I will be going to the LN Hand Tool event in Vancouver on April 30th - She never complains about my purchases.

BTW, I have the same plane - recently popped a 50* blade with a 2* microbevel sharpened up to my 16K Shapton Glassstone - - - - makes a piece of curly maple childs play!

Enjoy !!

Dave Beauchesne

Jim Koepke
04-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Wow, A Workmate 425. I had one just below that that served for many years before getting a solid bench.

Thats a nice gift. I still have mine for use outside and stuff. It is kind of beat up though.

:cool:

jim

Paul Ryan
04-01-2010, 8:58 AM
Paul:

I turn 50 on the 9th - the LOML is wheelchair bound, so I don't expect I will get a Neander treat, but I will be going to the LN Hand Tool event in Vancouver on April 30th - She never complains about my purchases.

BTW, I have the same plane - recently popped a 50* blade with a 2* microbevel sharpened up to my 16K Shapton Glassstone - - - - makes a piece of curly maple childs play!

Enjoy !!

Dave Beauchesne

Dave,

You and I share a birthday. I will be 35 so I have a little catching up to do. Happy early birthday!

Jim,

The work mate has been and will be my bench for a while. Along with the outfeed table on my table saw. I dont have room for a full size work bench at this time. But the work mate does a decent job.

gary Zimmel
04-01-2010, 9:16 AM
Congrats one the new toy and happy birthday Paul.

Tri Hoang
04-01-2010, 4:34 PM
Happy birthday & congrat on a fine plane, Paul. I had one with the blade at 45* and it's my ultimate weapon if nothing else works. It tends to dull pretty quickly at that angle, though.

jerry nazard
04-01-2010, 8:16 PM
Wow, A Workmate 425. I had one just below that that served for many years before getting a solid bench.

Thats a nice gift. I still have mine for use outside and stuff. It is kind of beat up though.

:cool:

jim

Good, Jim. For a minute there I thought that I was on another forum....;)