PDA

View Full Version : Door Glass Replacement

Stan Thigpen
11-10-2004, 2:08 PM
I have several wooden exterior patio doors with full-length thermal windows which need replacement due to degredation of the seal, causing fogging within the window. I have the replacement glass units, but I am uncertain how to remove the old glass. I cannot determine by visual inspection whether the window trim is removed from inside or outside the door. I don't see any brads on either side of the door. Does anyone have specific knowledge as to how the removal and replacement should be done? Thanks.

Chris Padilla
11-10-2004, 3:00 PM
Stan,

Pictures are worth 10,000 words on here. Also, if you have the brand of the patio doors, that could be of help, too. :)

Jamie Buxton
11-10-2004, 3:30 PM
How the glass is held in depends on the manufacturer and the material. Your mention of brads suggests you have wood-frame doors. Generally they have a removeable glass stop molding on the inside. That you can't see nails may just mean that the painter was real good about filling the heads.

If you have one of those magnetic stud finders which is really a nail finder, you might see if that locates buried brads for you.