PDA

View Full Version : BS Entertainment: Iturra Catalog

Kent A Bathurst
03-31-2010, 7:02 PM
Received an upgrade part for my Delta 14" yesterday, and a catalog came with it. This is not anything like your typical catalog - it has articles/discussions/treatises on (it seems) every imaginable topic related to the C-style 14" saws.

The "whats" are certainly there for these topics, but there is also a lengthy discussion of "why". Without actually counting the pages, I'll guess that at most 25% of the 246 pages are available products (Iturra, Starrret, Incra - all kinds of things). I like the fact that Louis, at key points, says things like "if you have XYZ model later than 19XX, then we do not recommend getting our replacement gizmo unless/until your's fails." My kind of marketing!!

Very interesting reading - easy to get absorbed in it. And - thankfully - I see nothing (so far) that tells me my non-Iturra upgrade parts was a wrong move.

Ray Schwalb
03-31-2010, 8:35 PM
I've seen the Iturra catalog as well and loved it. I was nearly convinced to trade in my Laguna LT18 on an old Delta 14". With the low pressure sales, and the huge catalog, I wondered how he makes money, but also my kind of marketing.

Larry Edgerton
04-03-2010, 8:04 AM
I'll have to order that, thanks.

Another catalog that is entertaining if you are into motorcycles is the Airostitch catalog. Great storys and descriptions as well as at least one "spoof" product.