PDA

View Full Version : What is this table saw?

Jeff Sudmeier
03-31-2010, 2:15 PM
Hi guys,

My uncle has this table saw he wants me to sell. Just wondering if anyone knew what it was. He sent me a picture but I haven't seen it in person.

Just trying to figure out if it is worth selling it and what he could get.

Thanks!

Rob Hough
03-31-2010, 2:20 PM
Kind of looks like an old Craftsman to me.

Mike Archambeau
03-31-2010, 2:24 PM
Sure looks like a delta paint scheme.

mark kosse
03-31-2010, 2:30 PM
Sure looks like a 60's Delta contractor saw to me. That handwheel and those feet have to be.

Bob Borzelleri
03-31-2010, 2:47 PM
Looks like a Craftsman with a Delta paint job. OTOH, the manual on the table, while not easily readable, looks like it might have enough letters for Craftsman and not too few for Delta.

Bruce Page
03-31-2010, 2:48 PM
Judging by the feet I would say it's a Delta or Rockwell.
What does the manual say? :rolleyes::D

Lee Schierer
03-31-2010, 3:12 PM
Looking at the photo, there appears to be an owners manual on the right hand side of the saw table and it appears to have the manufacturers name on the cover. Why not call and ask your Uncle what the book says?

Victor Robinson
03-31-2010, 3:18 PM
manual looks like it might be for the aftermarket fence/rails...

Derek Noel
03-31-2010, 3:25 PM
I don't know any thing about old table-saws but it looks like the fence may be an after market one. there holes and paint shadows where something else use to be mounted. I have looked at getting a better fence for my craftsman and have found most aftermarket fences to be worth more than my saw. same may be true for you too???

Chip Lindley
03-31-2010, 3:27 PM
Taking an educated guess: an older Delta (maybe Homecraft) contractors saw. Something tells me it might be a 9" saw. Looks like it has a Vega fence and added router table extension, besides the two nice cast iron wings. IF all is in working order, $350-$400 would be a really nice price. Unless you find the right buyer, it will probably bring much less. The fence alone could bring over $100.

mark kosse
03-31-2010, 4:17 PM
It looks like a delta miter guage too. Does the miter guage say delta of rockwell?

Jerome Hanby
03-31-2010, 4:56 PM
That table sure looks a lot like a delta/rockwell. Legs and color too.

Mark Woodmark
03-31-2010, 4:57 PM
Looks like an older Delta or Rockwell contractors saw

george wilson
03-31-2010, 5:52 PM
It has to be an old Delta product. That isn't a hollow pot metal craftsman handle,and that switch is the kind old deltas used. Fence is an aftermarket. Feet are typical Delta. Miter gauge looks like a Delta design made for a cheaper level of saw.

Ron Bontz
03-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Hmmm. I am gonna say Rockwell with a Vega fence. :)

Dave Cav
03-31-2010, 11:28 PM
I agreel Rockwell/Delta with a Vega fence. I think the manual is for the fence; I zoomed in on the picture and I'm pretty sure the manual says Vega. The red switch is also vintage Rockwell/Delta. Based on the length of the kerf in the ZCI I would also agree it's probably a 9" saw. They seem to go for around $250 or so around here; it's a good saw if there isn't anything mechanically or structurally wrong with it and the Vega fence is a big plus, much better than the original Jet Lock fence.

Mark Woodmark
04-01-2010, 5:10 AM
Looks like an older Delta or Rockwell contractors saw

I dont think it is a Rockwell because it has "T" slots and I think the Rockwell era had only the 3/8" x 3/4" bar slots. The table extension to the right of the blade looks homemade for a router. Also it has a cast extension table to the left of the blade. The Rockwells and newer Deltas usually came with the pressed steel extensions. Pre 1970's?

Jeff Sudmeier
04-01-2010, 7:13 AM
manual looks like it might be for the aftermarket fence/rails...

Winner :) the manual is for the fence...

I would ask my uncle for more info but he put the table saw in storage and didn't know himself what model/brand it was.. It was my grandpa's.

I have a friend that is interested in it so I'll see what he thinks about 350-400... The fence alone is ~$300 new and it has a nice mobile base which would be >$100

I did ask him and he ran 10" blades on it..

Thanks much! Jeff