PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding extending T2 fence to the right

Mike Nguyen
03-31-2010, 1:37 PM
Hi, I have a Delta T2 fence attached to a Delta contractor saw. It's cutting capacity to the right of the blade is about 31". Is it possible to move the front and rear rails or the square tubing without drilling new holes to the right to gain a few more inches. I never cut to the left of the blade and this is a left tilt saw. Thanks

scott spencer
03-31-2010, 3:09 PM
It should be possible and pretty simple Mike. The process below is for a Biese or a Shop Fox Classic fence, but it should be about the same for the T2.

"The front rail is a two piece system consisting of a mounting angle bracket and the actual rail tube that the fence glides on. Leave the angle bracket bolted to the saw as is, but slide the front tube over to the right...if you move it by the distance of one bolt hole, no drilling should be required, and it'll give you roughly 10". You simply bolt the rail down using one less bolt, creating more rail capacity. You'll need to relocate or replace the measuring tape, and fill the gap between the front and back rail to the right of the wing with some sort of extension (a router table in my case). Leave the back rail completely stock. You may also want to build some support legs."

Mike Nguyen
03-31-2010, 4:13 PM
Thanks Scott. I'll check it out tonight. I think I need to move the rear rail though because the T2 fence hook onto the rear rail.