PDA

View Full Version : Router lift for PC 7539

Mike OMelia
03-31-2010, 1:05 PM
Do they (anyone) make one that will work with the Bench Dog cast iron table?

Mike

Joe Leigh
03-31-2010, 2:52 PM
Use a pair of calipers and check out the motor diameter. I believe that router is 4.20", same as the PC 7815.

Chip Lindley
03-31-2010, 3:47 PM
Joe? The P-C 7539 is a plunge router. The motor housing is a metal casting, of no particular diameter.

A quick search found Woodpecker's UniLift, where the plunge router base attaches to the underside of the plate, and the lift raises/lowers the whole router. Whether it fits the Benchdog CI table, I didn't read.

Joe Leigh
03-31-2010, 4:09 PM
Sorry, confused that with another PC router model.

Mike OMelia
03-31-2010, 5:02 PM
I will check that out... thanks. I just was hoping someone else had "lifted" one and had hands on experieince.

Mike

Mike OMelia
04-01-2010, 10:32 AM
OK, so I have studied the Unilift and I like it. Not sure, but I assume when it says it includes 1 plate, that would be the plate that fits my router? It also apears to have coorect dimensions for the Benchdog Table (IIRC). The one thing I am not sure about is the bit extender. I really do not want to use one... Yes, it would be nice to have above the table bit changing... but the extension somehow bothers me (worries me).

Thoughts?

Mike

Derek Gilmer
04-01-2010, 10:56 AM
OK, so I have studied the Unilift and I like it. Not sure, but I assume when it says it includes 1 plate, that would be the plate that fits my router? It also apears to have coorect dimensions for the Benchdog Table (IIRC). The one thing I am not sure about is the bit extender. I really do not want to use one... Yes, it would be nice to have above the table bit changing... but the extension somehow bothers me (worries me).

Thoughts?

Mike

The Unilift is great. I have a freud ft2000 in mine. The plate that comes with it has numerous holes drilled to accept numerous routers, http://www.woodpeck.com/unilift.html the PC 7539 is on the list of routers that it works with out of the box. I have the bit extender on mine and haven't noticed any problems. With the unilift you never have to go under the table to adjust the router so changing bits above the table was a big plus for me. I've used most of my bits with it but not a big panel raising bet yet. I'm going to give that a try soon though to see how it goes.