PDA

View Full Version : I can't see pictures in threads without paperclip

Chris Struttman
03-31-2010, 11:09 AM
When looking at a listing of threads in the turning forum, I see that some have a little paperclip to indicate that there is an attachment/picture. When that is present, I can see the attached pictures when I open the thread. However, other threads have no paperclip and yet the narrative seems to indicate that there should be a picture visible but I cannot see it. The following thread is an example:

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=136798

Why can't I see these pictures?

Doug Shepard
03-31-2010, 11:31 AM
The pics on that thread aren't loaded here on SMC but are linked to on photobucket. Have you got a filter turned on in your browser that blocks out photobucket?

Mark Patoka
03-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Photobucket and several other pic hosting sites are blocked at work so I can't view them either unless I'm at home. If they are uploaded to SMC, then it's no problem. You're probably in the same situation, the external site is getting blocked.

Steve Jenkins
03-31-2010, 1:49 PM
I have just the opposite problem. I can't see the pics that are on smc. I've checked my user cp and it is checked to view pics.

Curt Harms
04-01-2010, 9:56 AM
I have just the opposite problem. I can't see the pics that are on smc. I've checked my user cp and it is checked to view pics.

I'm not familiar with I.E. but in FireFox it's 'tools'->'preferences'->'content'

Chris Struttman
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
That seems to be the problem. We block Photobucket so I can't see them. Thanks for the help.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Chris,

That is one of the reasons we encourage people to load their photos here at the Creek.

When people link to a different site or store them elsewhere, if for any reason they no longer maintain that website or the website eliminates the images in the future, the posts can become meanlingless without the photos.