PDA

View Full Version : Mobile clamp rack Help!

Bob Oswin
04-01-2003, 2:01 PM
Seems like you have to make at least one of these things to find out what's wrong with your design.
I had a peek at Norm's and started out there.
I have the sides up and ready to start putting on some rungs.

Any suggestions?

Bob

Spence DePauw
04-01-2003, 3:31 PM
I built one basically from Norm's plan. What I didn't do, that made me happy, was glue the cross members to the rails. I've moved them several times, and will again as the collection grows...

Spence

Kevin Herber
04-01-2003, 10:23 PM
I saw a picture of Norm's on his web site and built mine similar. One thing I added was a horizpntal top plate of tempered masonite that I can clip my spring clamps on.
-- Kevin

Bob Oswin
04-02-2003, 6:49 PM
Seems I have to build one of eveything to figure what is wrong!

1. too narrow!
2. Shelves at wrong angle
3. Wheels too small.
4?????

bob

Jeff Henry
02-24-2008, 4:52 PM
Build a second one and stack em side by side :D

Walt Nicholson
02-24-2008, 8:19 PM
I made a narrow one to start and found did not have enough room and it did not feel very stable. Here is the link to the finished one that is sorta like Norm's with a few adds. http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=68946&highlight=clamp+rack

Jay Hart
02-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I used Norm's plan. Works good for me.

Jay Yoder
03-23-2008, 9:57 PM
any chance anyone has the dvd and plans they would like to sell of this? i think my daughter accidentally deleted the episode off of our DVR. wish i knew how to transfer to my computer...anyhow...need to build clamp rack so i can get moving on some other projects and i thought that someone may want to sell their copy. Otherwise i have it ready to order.