PDA

View Full Version : Tires for Grizzly G0514X2 bandsaw?

John Coloccia
03-30-2010, 9:18 PM
Anyone know what the right size tires for this 19" saw is? My top tire flew off tonight, for whatever reason, and needs to be replaced. I can find 18" tires, but no 19" tires. I know the tire needs to be a little smaller, but I can't find anywhere what the proper size is.

I'm hoping to find a local source in Connecticut to get up and running quickly, or at least someone that will shop same day and overnight it to me. Lesson learned...I'll buy two sets :D

Mikail Khan
03-30-2010, 9:51 PM
I got my replacement tires for my 514X from grizzly.

Cost for both was about $25 inclusive of ground shipping to Miami.

The diameter of the new tires are about 16" and they have to be heated in warm water so that they can be stretched on to the wheels.

Even with the preheating in water I had to remove both wheels so I could put the tires on.

Grizzly pricing for this model is available online. Part #26. Cost for 2 with shipping is $38

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0514X2/parts/2 (http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0514X2/parts/2)

MK

John Coloccia
03-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Too bad. I was hoping to replace them with urethane tires. Did you glue yours on or just stretch them on?

Mikail Khan
03-31-2010, 7:21 PM
I believe the replacement tires are urethane. Thats why I had to warm them up to install. No glue required.

MK

Matt Armstrong
03-31-2010, 8:23 PM
Anyone know what the right size tires for this 19" saw is? My top tire flew off tonight, for whatever reason, and needs to be replaced. I can find 18" tires, but no 19" tires. I know the tire needs to be a little smaller, but I can't find anywhere what the proper size is.

I'm hoping to find a local source in Connecticut to get up and running quickly, or at least someone that will shop same day and overnight it to me. Lesson learned...I'll buy two sets :D

Yeah, they are urethane and you can order them from Grizzly directly.

John Coloccia
03-31-2010, 8:33 PM
Oh, excellent. There are two part numbers listed for it when I called, but it specifically says to use one over the other (or so they said, anyhow). Maybe the second part number is the urethane tire vs the rubber one that comes with the saw? At least I think it's a standard rubber tire that comes with the saw, according to the specs. Maybe the original is urethane too? I've just not seen black urethane BS tires.

Tullie Templet
04-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Sulphur grove tool cut my tires and shipped them same day. Excellent service and fast shipment.

John Coloccia
04-01-2010, 2:22 PM
They came in today. The replacements are urethane, as others have said. I replaced the broken tire, and it's like a different saw. The Grizz was nice to begin with....very low vibration, easily passed the nickel test. Now it's even better...practically vibration free. When I get around to it, I'll replace the lower tire as well. VERY nice.