PDA

View Full Version : Universal Laser just stops

Kevin Baker
03-30-2010, 8:57 PM
ok, this is strange... I have a simple cutout of a cross with some scoring lines on the inside of the cross (blue lines). I've packed 17 of these crosses on a12x24 sheet of thin plywood.. all scoring does fine, but when I go to do the vector cutting, in the lower right, the laser just stops and I get an error message on the computer. Reboot and rerun the vector cutting and in the same stop same as before... after rebooting, I skip over the cross in the lower right and everything is fine... any ideals??

Thanks,
Kevin

Bill Cunningham
03-30-2010, 9:11 PM
Delete that particular cross, and duplicate another one in it's place.. Or, just run 'that' cross alone and see what happens.. Sounds like either a bad bit in the file that's giving the laser a problem or a problem with the laser in that particular part of the table.. Belt jam etc..,

Tony Lenkic
03-30-2010, 9:43 PM
Change blue lines to red hairline for vector cutting.

Mike Mackenzie
03-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Look at the file in wireframe mode see if there are any un seen vectors that are out of bounds.

Gerd Spatz
03-31-2010, 3:26 AM
congratulations! Have same problem with some of my older drawings!
Solution? Not really... delete the file :-(

Kevin Baker
03-31-2010, 6:13 AM
Thanks everyone.. just glad to hear it's a bug in the file and not anything with the laser.

:)

Dan Hintz
03-31-2010, 9:14 AM
Look at the file in wireframe mode see if there are any un seen vectors that are out of bounds.
I'll second this suggestion... it's a shame there's no big button that says "Find bad stuff in file!".

Lee DeRaud
03-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Look at the file in wireframe mode see if there are any un seen vectors that are out of bounds.(scratches head) Unless they changed something, Corel tells you if you try to print something outside the page, even if it just touches the border.

Dan Hintz
03-31-2010, 11:55 AM
(scratches head) Unless they changed something, Corel tells you if you try to print something outside the page, even if it just touches the border.
Yes, but it doesn't tell you if your page size is larger than what the laser supports, and that error often leads to weird problems (such as half of an image printing fine, followed by random boxes printed over the top of the image :eek:). And that's just one possible issue...