PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 513x2 ??

Josh Reid
03-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Ok I am fixing to pull the trigger on the Grizzly 513x2 bandsaw. This will be my first bandsaw so I am completely new to this. I would like to get some good blades and will probably get some Timber Wolves. Problem is I don't know which ones to get. What would you suggest for general and re-saw use?

jerry nazard
03-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Josh,

On my 513 I use a 1/2 3 tpi Woodslicer (Highland Hardware) for resawing and a 3/16 Woodslicer 4 tpi for general work. Both blades work so well that I have never experimented with anything else. I love the saw, it is sweet, sweet, sweet!!!

-Jerry

glenn bradley
03-29-2010, 11:00 PM
I have the G0513X and I run Timberwolf 3/4" 2-3T if I recall. Bandsaw blades are a wear part so I would take advantage of the buy 3, get 1 free deal if it is still in effect. I believe you have to ask for it although I saw a 'flyer' for this deal the other day. I also run a couple different 1/4" for thick curves.

Brian Kent
03-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Here is the website:
http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/

But only go there for the telephone number. Call them and ask and answer questions, They know what they are doing and will make good if there are any problems.

Tri Hoang
03-29-2010, 11:43 PM
I've used Woodslicer, Timberwolf, and Resaw king. Resaw king is no doubt the best blade. I'd rank the woodslicer slightly above the Timberwolf blade. I had a brand new Timerwolf blade that broke right on the solder line within 15 minutes of use.

The G0513X2 has a nice/large table. Cast iron wheels can handle the large resaw king blades. It has adequate DC ports. Roller guides are also nice but could be noisy. One of the rollers on mine was pretty loud.

The cast iron table on the G0513X2 is pretty thin so it warp/sag easily. I had to get a replacement for mine. The rubber tire failed in less than 1 year of light use. Changing larger blades on this saw is a total pain (3/4-1").

It does what I need it to do but there are definitely some quality trade-offs.