PDA

View Full Version : NWA / Totally Turning show

Prashun Patel
03-29-2010, 8:56 AM
Did anyone go to the Totally Turning show in Saratoga Springs this weekend?

I'm pretty new to turning, but I thought it was really good. It was part of the Norteastern Woodworkers Assn showcase. There was some amazing work there. I thought the Windsor chairs were inspiring (especially the Windsor/Maloof rocker that Tom Wetzel makes).

Some of the dealers (LV/LN) had catalog pricing on their goods, but if you had them shipped (for free) you cld avoid NY sales tax...

Anyway, thumbs up!!!

George Guadiane
03-29-2010, 1:04 PM
I'm a club member, gone every year for 5 or 6 years, sold wood turning blanks in the past... Always great.
The Totally Turning part was especially nice for me, I supplied much of the wood for the demonstrators and learned a great deal from them (as usual)

Chris Stolicky
03-29-2010, 1:19 PM
This was my third Showcase and second TT Symposium. It really is amazing what you can learn over the course of two days.

Prashun Patel
03-29-2010, 2:53 PM
What was your favorite piece?

I really loved the Windsor Chairs. Tom Wetzel had a booth out in the lobby that was just amazing: That Tiger Maple Rocker made me weep...

I attended a couple of David Elsworth's lectures. Great!

Chris Stolicky
03-29-2010, 3:53 PM
What was your favorite piece?

I really loved the Windsor Chairs. Tom Wetzel had a booth out in the lobby that was just amazing: That Tiger Maple Rocker made me weep...

I attended a couple of David Elsworth's lectures. Great!

Other than mine? ;)

Its hard to say, but I do agree that rocking chair stopped me in my tracks! I remember telling someone I wanted one. I think that one of the turnings that has stood out to me, since I first saw it last summer, is George G. (can't spell last name) segmented zebra wood box. I am still amazed that little thing. I'll have to find a pic of it.

Chris Stolicky
03-29-2010, 4:27 PM
Here it is from George's pic page on the NWA's Web site....

Here is the chair from Tom Wetzels Web site.....