PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop dust collection

Jesus Aleman
03-28-2010, 9:13 PM
All, I'm considering getting a contractor Sawstop. I know this saw includes a redesigned dust shroud for the blade that is supposed yield acceptable dust collection with a vac. All my current dust collection needs are satisfied with a dust deputy and Festool CT22 (for both irons and portable tools).

I would like to hear feedback from Sawstop users if the dust collection is up to par with the 2 1/2" port and a vac, or like any other table saw a dust collector (blower) is needed.

Cheers.

Peter Aeschliman
03-28-2010, 11:58 PM
I have the PCS, so I'm not a perfect reference. But no matter how good the under table dust collection is, you need dust collection above the table as well.

Currently, the contractor saw doesn't come with a blade card with integrated dust collection. But I emailed the customer service department a while back when I was considering the contractor saw, and they told me that they plan to offer the dust collecting blade guard as an accessory sometime in the next few months.

Just an fyi.

John Coloccia
03-29-2010, 8:51 AM
I called them just a couple of days ago about it, and they said it would be very soon and they'd announce on their website.

Eduard Nemirovsky
03-29-2010, 9:05 AM
Please look on this thread:http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=135838.
I don't like dust collection on my CSS, now it is work much better, plus I just added over table dust collector arm ( Ecxalibur).

Ed.