PDA

View Full Version : Question for Steve Clardy - Blum Tandem Slides

Joe_Ott
04-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Steve.

I just read in another post about tools and so on that you mention you only use high end items in the cabinets you build for your customers. Since you only use high end, do you have experience with Blum Tandem drawer slides?

If you do, can you offer any advice using/installing these animals. I just bought a bunch for my kitchen cabinets.

Thanks,
Joe

Von Bickley
04-01-2003, 1:35 PM
Steve,

Enjoyed seeing the pictures of the stair case. What about posting some of the cabinets that went with that stair case when you get a chance.

Steve Clardy
04-01-2003, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by Joe_Ott
Steve.

I just read in another post about tools and so on that you mention you only use high end items in the cabinets you build for your customers. Since you only use high end, do you have experience with Blum Tandem drawer slides?

If you do, can you offer any advice using/installing these animals. I just bought a bunch for my kitchen cabinets.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe, I have installed 1 set of these particular brand. They are very nice slides, very expensive. They are pretty straight forward in mounting. I will look up your email address and send you an attachment that gives the mounting specs. cabinetparts.com also list the installation guides on their website.
I don't use the clips on the rear of the slides that mount the slides to the back of cabinet. I fill in the space between the face frame and inside panel and mount the slides on the filler. I do face frame cabs, no frameless as of yet.
If you mount these slides, or any others using my method of a fill strip, keep in mind that the fill strips need to be parallel with each other. Anything over 1/16" difference between the back and front will cause some binding. The rear clips that are available for these slides elimanate this problem, but I have seen to many clips break, or the screws come off the cabinet back in a few years and the drawer falls down.
Steve

Steve Clardy
04-01-2003, 3:13 PM
Originally posted by Von Bickley
Steve,

Enjoyed seeing the pictures of the stair case. What about posting some of the cabinets that went with that stair case when you get a chance.
Von, here is one pic, a little dark though. Haven't time at the moment to brighten it up. Will post some cab pics a little later.
Thanks, Steve