PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Bandsaw blades.

Dave Lehnert
03-27-2010, 10:37 PM
I know that the blade that comes with Grizzly bandsaws are considered to be no good.
Are Grizzly blades that are sold seperatley any better quality? I AM NOT talking about the Timber Wolf blades they sell.

James Combs
03-27-2010, 11:06 PM
I know that the blade that comes with Grizzly bandsaws are considered to be no good.
Are Grizzly blades that are sold seperatley any better quality? I AM NOT talking about the Timber Wolf blades they sell.

I had a couple of the Griz Blades. They are apparently US made. I was originally going to buy a G0555 and bought the blades in preparation for it. But I ended up with a Rikon and sold the blades to creeker Jeff Cockrum. You might PM him and ask him how they are doing. It's only been a couple of months though.:)

Neil Davie
03-28-2010, 8:31 AM
The title pretty much says it. I have several that I bought with my 20" band saw. They wear quickly and have poor weld spots that go thump-thump as the blade turns. They seem to have widely varying tracking also, requiring a new wedge to be made for each new blade I install. I have just ordered some different new blades , which I am awaiting delivery. I have great hopes for them.

david brum
03-28-2010, 9:41 AM
Here's one of the best deals out there for bandsaw blades. These are Lennox blades with very good welds. They stay sharp a good long time.

http://www.woodcraftbands.com/Pricing%20page.htm

John Thompson
03-28-2010, 9:50 AM
Here's one of the best deals out there for bandsaw blades. These are Lennox blades with very good welds. They stay sharp a good long time.

http://www.woodcraftbands.com/Pricing%20page.htm

That's an excellent deal on Lennox indeed...

david brum
03-28-2010, 9:09 PM
Hi Sarge

I stumbled upon these guys a few years ago. I have ordered several batches of their blades with zero defects so far. In general, I think Lennox blades are pretty hard to beat for general purpose use.

John Thompson
03-28-2010, 9:47 PM
Hi Sarge

I stumbled upon these guys a few years ago. I have ordered several batches of their blades with zero defects so far. In general, I think Lennox blades are pretty hard to beat for general purpose use.

I have never actually tried the Lennox standard carbons David but... for re-saw I don't use anything but the Lennox Classic 3 tpi bi-metal. Great blade so I at that price I might order a couple of the 1/4" 6 tpi for my 14" which I keep a 1/4" on dedicated for curves as I cut a lot of templates. The 3/4" bi-metal stays on the 18" for re-saw.

Thanks for the site as the "price is right"!