PDA

View Full Version : Orange chicken

John A langley
03-27-2010, 3:47 PM
And I don't mean the recipe.
My wife had a chicken that resided in our freezer for 12 years. And this will prove to you that I am not terribly bright. My wife knows that I don't care much for chicken. I would come home from work and see a chicken in the sink thawing and I would say, "Hey, let's go out to dinner." She would smile and put the chicken back in the freezer and we would go out to eat. It wasn't until I noticed that the chicken in the sink was a funny orange color. I asked my wife about it and she smiled and told me she had been thawing out the same chicken for about 12 years and then refreezing it. She had a lot of nights out due to the orange chicken.

Dan Mages
03-27-2010, 3:56 PM
Force feed your chickens lots of merigold pedals and alphalpa. Both are high in beta carotine and will give your chicken a nice orange glow... :rolleyes:

Its actually more true than you realise. Do you want to know why the average supermarket chicken is so yellow? Marketing types found that people think yellow chickens are healthier chickens. Therefore, chickens are fed a high beta carotine diet.

Dan

Michael Weber
03-27-2010, 4:01 PM
Oh, the wiles of women!:D

John A langley
03-27-2010, 4:01 PM
This chicken became yellow from old age and refreezing. My wife figured out that if she wanted to go out to dinner - all she had to do was put the old chicken in the sink.

Mike Cruz
03-27-2010, 4:02 PM
They probably think it because of the Perdue Chicken commercials of yesteryear that touted their chickens were very yellow compared to everyone else's. Do you remember their catch phrase?... " I wonder where all their yellow went?"

John A langley
03-27-2010, 4:23 PM
That was a toothpaste slogan "I wonder where the yellow went."

Brian Kent
03-27-2010, 4:47 PM
That was a toothpaste slogan "I wonder where the yellow went."

You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent.

John A langley
03-27-2010, 5:22 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. My wife and I had a debate about which brand of toothpaste it was. I voted for Ipava - she said it was Pepsodent. So once again - I was wrong.

Jim Rimmer
03-27-2010, 9:39 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. My wife and I had a debate about which brand of toothpaste it was. I voted for Ipava - she said it was Pepsodent. So once again - I was wrong.
Wrong twice unless it was a typo - did you mean Ipana?

Bill Cunningham
03-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Wrong twice unless it was a typo - did you mean Ipana?

Brusha-Brusha-Brusha.. eh!

Mike Cruz
03-28-2010, 8:35 AM
It must have been both a Pepsident AND Perdue chickens, because I can't get the very vivid image of Frank Perdue out of my head...

Belinda Barfield
03-28-2010, 12:55 PM
John,

After cleaning the Diet Dr. Pepper from my monitor (I won't elaborate on how it got there:rolleyes:) I just have to tell you that this is one of the funniest things I've read lately. I commend your wife on her frugality, using the same chicken over and over. Just think, if she has used two different packs of chicken you would have never known. :D

John A langley
03-28-2010, 1:16 PM
Hi Brenda
I'm glad you got the gist of the story.......everyone else wanted to turn it into a toothpaste commercial. You have posted some pretty funny stuff yourself!