PDA

View Full Version : Site Newbie

David Gregory
03-27-2010, 9:36 AM
Hello everyone. Thought I'd make a brief intro here since I didn't see a specific forum for intros. I've been an avid woodworker for many years, (okay, off and on when I could), and my preference is working with logs and stumps to make tables and other interesting oddities. I came here through a Google search for a woodworking forum and via recommendations from friends. Hope to be an active participant and learn and share knowledge with all of you.

Steve Schlumpf
03-27-2010, 10:20 AM
David - Welcome to the Creek! Looking forward to seeing photos of your work!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the Creek David! Wade right in.....the water's fine!

Belinda Barfield
03-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Welcome David! I'd love to see photos of your work. I've been walking around for a year with an image in my head of a dining table base made from a stump. Actually, the image is something more akin to a really twisty old vine stump. Trouble is, I'm not a wood worker. I'm here for the Engraver's forum but hang out on the OT forum because it's a lot more fun (and as a Mods Ken and Steve need something to do)!:D

David Gregory
03-27-2010, 8:03 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes. Belinda, as soon as my check gets to the webmasters I'll see if'n I can figure out how to post up some pics for you. I don't like PayPal for reasons that I shant delve into here so I must rely on the good ole snail mails.

gary Zimmel
03-28-2010, 12:42 AM
A warm welcome to the Creek from your new friends north of the border David.
Looking forward to seeing some of your work...