PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Jointer Knives

Tullie Templet
03-26-2010, 7:09 PM
I just got a new set of knives for my Ridgid jointer. After the second run of a 3 foot piece of cedar one of them had a nick. I was kinda upset about that but got over it. I then ran 5 pieces of pine on edge through it 1 1/2" thick and when I got finished there is three or four grooves across the edge. Looked at the knives an two of them are nicked up. The wood didn't have any nail or anything in them. Is there something that I could have done to cause this? This is my first jointer but I don't see how I could have caused it. My cuts were 1/16" or less deep. I am not going to say the company name but it is not ridgid knives.

Jim Rimmer
03-26-2010, 9:18 PM
Can't answer your question but would be interested to find out what happened. I would be really ticked off.

Ramsey Ramco
03-26-2010, 10:02 PM
If this means anything I have a ridgid jointer and absolutely hate it. If anybody in the midwest wants it let me know. I have had nothing but bad luck with it and ridgid cust. service.:mad: Good luck with yours though, and I cant answer any questions about mysterious knife chips, but thanx for letting me vent:D

Tullie Templet
03-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Did you have alot of trouble with chipped blades?

Rob Hough
03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Maybe you got a bad batch of blades?