PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Laminate T-Molding

Michael Dunn
03-26-2010, 5:35 PM
Hey guys,

Does anybody know where I can get plastic laminate T-molding? I don't even know if that is the proper term. I am not talking about the T-molding used as a threshold for a laminate floor.

I am building a table saw/router table/work surface/storage unit. It is made of 3/4" MDF. The actual table top is two pieces of MDF laminated together and then laminated (top & bottom) with plastic laminate. The plans call for 1 1/2" wide plastic T-Molding. This is used to cover the edges of the work surface.

I hope that decribes what I am looking for well enough. I did a google search and laminate floor T-Molding kept coming up. I'll keep trying different stuff in google, however, I figured I'd ask you guys too.

I also need a good source for 2 4'x8' sheets of plastic laminate. I have some ABS black laminate, I wish to use a gray laminate to keep it a lighter color. I bought this from penn-elcom, I have a dealer account with them. Unfortunately they have a $100 minimum order.

Thanx,

shotgunn

Michael Dunn
03-26-2010, 6:14 PM
Got it!!!

http://www.t-molding.com/store/product.php?productid=8&cat=0

Still looking for the ABS laminate. I may just buy a few more than I need from Penn-Elcom.

shotgunn

Hey guys,

Does anybody know where I can get plastic laminate T-molding? I don't even know if that is the proper term. I am not talking about the T-molding used as a threshold for a laminate floor.

I am building a table saw/router table/work surface/storage unit. It is made of 3/4" MDF. The actual table top is two pieces of MDF laminated together and then laminated (top & bottom) with plastic laminate. The plans call for 1 1/2" wide plastic T-Molding. This is used to cover the edges of the work surface.

I hope that decribes what I am looking for well enough. I did a google search and laminate floor T-Molding kept coming up. I'll keep trying different stuff in google, however, I figured I'd ask you guys too.

I also need a good source for 2 4'x8' sheets of plastic laminate. I have some ABS black laminate, I wish to use a gray laminate to keep it a lighter color. I bought this from penn-elcom, I have a dealer account with them. Unfortunately they have a $100 minimum order.

Thanx,

shotgunn

Jim Rimmer
03-26-2010, 9:20 PM
Would like to see a pic when you're done. My old brain is having a hard time picturing it.

Michael Dunn
03-27-2010, 12:19 AM
I'd be glad to take some pics. I'll be sure to post some when I am done.

Would like to see a pic when you're done. My old brain is having a hard time picturing it.