PDA

View Full Version : X4 to X5 Engraving problem...

David Harvey
03-26-2010, 3:22 PM
Tony,
If you're around take a look at this and see what the problem might be...

This file is in X4 format and I can engrave it with no problem using X4. When I load it into X5 the only thing that engraves is the text. I checked the linewidths and they are the same (.72 pt) in both X4 and X5.

I've noticed some other problems with X4 files opened in X5. One I remember...everything in the file came in with an outline, where in the original X4 file they did not exist (such as the text all ended up with an outline around each letter). Also, in the same file, what was Black in color in the X4 file came in as a dark gray....

Here is the X4 file that won't work in X5.

Be interesting to see if you can find out what the problem might be. I have a feeling it may have something to do with the new color management in X5...but dunno...

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
03-26-2010, 4:48 PM
Tony,
If you're around take a look at this and see what the problem might be...

Did you see my earlier posts about the Color Management setup for laser engraving? There were some suggestions for engravers on how to set up the Tools>Color Management>Default Settings dialog. Pls try those and let me know if it will work after that.

Thanks!
T.

David Harvey
03-26-2010, 5:11 PM
Did you see my earlier posts about the Color Management setup for laser engraving? There were some suggestions for engravers on how to set up the Tools>Color Management>Default Settings dialog. Pls try those and let me know if it will work after that.

Thanks!
T.

Ok, I set the color management of "Simulate Color Management off", but it had no affect on the engraving. It still will only engrave the text.

Dave Johnson29
03-26-2010, 5:46 PM
Ok, I set the color management of "Simulate Color Management off", but it had no affect on the engraving. It still will only engrave the text.

Hi David,

Probably a silly question but have you checked the "Printer" is enabled for that layer(s) not printing?

I have v10 and it sometimes mysteriously turns off the Printer for a single layer. It may be a hot-key combo I am inadvertently pressing but have never been able to solve it. I just check manually for all layers now.

Gary Hair
03-26-2010, 7:15 PM
David,
I had the exact same problem. You need to check under the "color" tab in the print dialogue box and check "Color conversions performed by" and set it to your laser, not CorelDraw.

Should solve the problem.

Now, if only I could get it to save my guidelines when I open a new drawing.

Gary

David Harvey
03-28-2010, 10:26 AM
David,
I had the exact same problem. You need to check under the "color" tab in the print dialogue box and check "Color conversions performed by" and set it to your laser, not CorelDraw.

Should solve the problem.

Now, if only I could get it to save my guidelines when I open a new drawing.

Gary

Gary,
You hit the nail on the head! That solved that problem completely. Thanks for the help...I don't know how long it would have taken for me to have found my way to the color tab in the print dialog.

Gary Hair
03-28-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't know how long it would have taken for me to have found my way to the color tab in the print dialog.

I was poking around in the dialogue box trying to find something else and had just clicked on another tab when my mind registered what I had just seen in that tab - one of those "double-take" things...

Gary

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
03-29-2010, 1:33 PM
I was poking around in the dialogue box trying to find something else and had just clicked on another tab when my mind registered what I had just seen in that tab - one of those "double-take" things...
Gary

The printer driver has installed a color profile into windows and DRAW is picking it up and using it....2 options here..

Go into Control Panel, Color Management...select Devices and remove the color profile from that printer
Or once you make the selection in the Print dialog box click Apply, it should ignore this profile going forward.

T.

Gary Hair
03-29-2010, 2:40 PM
The printer driver has installed a color profile into windows and DRAW is picking it up and using it....2 options here..

Go into Control Panel, Color Management...select Devices and remove the color profile from that printer
Or once you make the selection in the Print dialog box click Apply, it should ignore this profile going forward.
T.

I'm not sure if you know how the laser drivers are setup, but for mine I can set different colors to a specific power and speed setting. Then whenever I draw something with that color it will send the appropriate speed/power to the laser. When Corel manages the colors that doesn't work. So, I don't think you should delete the printer profile.

Gary

If I misunderstood what you meant, please let me know.

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
03-29-2010, 3:38 PM
If I misunderstood what you meant, please let me know.

Yeah....this is a big of a different beast...I get what you're saying about the driver being able to setup for different intensities and speed depending on color....the thing I'm talking about is bound together by Windows and it's controls are outside the driver.

Glad to hear it's working,
T.

Gary Hair
03-29-2010, 9:07 PM
When I need to use X5 for dye sub then I'll probably need to tweak it a bit, but for my laser it's perfect now. Fortunately I use two different computers, one for laser stuff and the other for dye sub - once they are setup and working I don't mess with them.

I'll run Spyder2 for monitor calibration and the printer profile for the dye sub printer - any advice on that setup?

Thanks,
Gary

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
03-30-2010, 1:18 PM
Absolutely I'll help out...can I ask that you start a new thread tho so it will be easier for others to find?
T.