PDA

View Full Version : Laguna LT-18 Bandsaw Wheel Alignment

keith Jones elp
03-26-2010, 2:03 PM
Hi,

I just replace the "support sliding part" on my Laguna LT-18 a few days ago; See post "Laguna Tools Customer Service -- semi-long". Since Laguna never send me the alignment procedure I decided to check if the upper and lower wheels where co-planer. The center of the upper wheel is approximately 1.7 cm, I am a metric guy, further to the right than the lower wheel. Both wheels are in the same plane front to back.

When I am facing the saw in the normal operational position left to right is my left to right and front to back is my front to back.

It is my opinion that the upper wheel should be moved to the left 1.7 cm till it lines up with the lower wheel. I have attach some pictures showing how I checked the alignment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith Jones

Rod Sheridan
03-26-2010, 2:50 PM
Hi Keith, what you're checking is whether your bandsaw is vertical or not.

Put some shims under the right side of the cabinet and it'll then be vertical.

If your blade guides can be adjusted properly, and the table squared to the blade, you're fine.

Regards, Rod.

keith Jones elp
03-26-2010, 3:51 PM
Rod,

Thanks for the "brain fade cure". I can not believe I forgot to level the saw before I made the measurement.

When I leveled the saw front to back and left to right I only had 4 mm of difference. I adjusted that out in no time.

Keith Jones