PDA

View Full Version : (Corel X5) - try this and let me know if it works for your engraver

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
03-26-2010, 11:33 AM
We did a new feature in X5 that's not in the manual, guidebook....nowhere....and I'm going to tell you fine folks about it first. Depending on the printer or engraver it may work or it may not. Let's find out together if it works for your engraver.

We implemented the ability for CorelDRAW to tell the printer what the paper size should be that the item is going to be printed (engraved) on. This is mostly applicable to engravers and large media printers.

Go to tools>options>Global>printing>driver compatibility
Select your printer from the dropdown list at the top and then check the box called [ ] Printer can match document page size. Click ok and restart draw.

Create a new document with a page size of 5x5", double click the rectangle tool to add a page frame, and the go to file>Print and select your engraver.

What size is the size of the material that it says it's going to engrave on?

Sound off with type of engraver and the driver version pls.

T.

Scott Challoner
03-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Mine didn't change.

Laser Pro Spirit
DV 3.65-03

I am due for a driver update

David Harvey
03-26-2010, 12:33 PM
You got my hopes up on this one Tony...

but...

mine didn't change..:confused:

Epilog Legend 36EXT 75w
Epilog Win32 Driver Vers: 8.01

Gary Hair
03-26-2010, 2:52 PM
Didn't work on mine either.

Pinnacle (Explorer) ZX, driver version 3.58

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
03-26-2010, 4:07 PM
In the print dialog there is a dropdown beside the label called "Page"...that dropdown will have 3 settings, Match orientation and size should be selected.

Let me know which engravers you guys are using and the print driver version pls.

T.

David Harvey
03-26-2010, 4:50 PM
In the print dialog there is a dropdown beside the label called "Page"...that dropdown will have 3 settings, Match orientation and size should be selected.

Let me know which engravers you guys are using and the print driver version pls.

T.

Nope...that didn't work either

Scott Challoner
03-26-2010, 6:29 PM
Didn't work for me either and I upgraded to 366-02 driver.

Gary Hair
03-26-2010, 7:12 PM
Still didn't work

Aaron Koehl
03-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Still didn't work
Tony,

A few of the laser manufacturers (e.g. Epilog) have the printer drivers free for downloading, if you wanted to integrate the testing of this feature with the QA team. It could be the printer drivers are ignoring the options presented from the host software, too, which is fun.

_A_

Peck Sidara
04-06-2010, 5:18 PM
Tony,

We've done some testing here at the factory and are pleased to report that we're *almost* there. It works for 2 out of 3 page layout configurations

Testing was completed on the latest Epilog DashBoard V 8.05 (Mini, Helix, Legend EXT) and have the following notes to share:

If the Corel page is set as a square (regardless of size), the new feature works great. No need to change the piece size in the printer properties page to match your Corel page. Artwork lines up in the preview and prints as it should.
If the Corel page is set to a portrait rectangle, it works.
If the Corel page is set to a landscape rectange, the print preview is rotated and artwork doesn't appear where it should. If you try printing in this configuration, our machine doesn't react as it doesn't see anything to engrave.
In all cases, Corel won't copy/load the new page size into your printer properties (not expecting it to but just an FYI)
Instructions were followed per Tony's posting and should be straight forward. I don't believe this new feature only applies to the most current/updated driver V8.05 but haven't had a chance to test older versions.

This is a very nice feature as I often find myself canceling out of the print properties page to double-check my page size to make sure it matches.

Tony, we'd be happy to help determine why the landscape orientation doesn't work properly. Feel free to shoot me a PM or email if there's any additional testing we can do from a manufacturer standpoint. Also as Aaron has indicated, our drivers are availabe for all to download, view, test. http://www.epiloglaser.com/downloads.htm

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
04-16-2010, 9:49 AM
Peck:
Good info..I'll pass this along to our QA guys and move it forward.
T.

Martin Boekers
04-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Where else but Sawmill Creek are there Manufactures and Software developers working together to make our life easier:)

Ya gotta love it!!!!

Marty

Dee Gallo
04-16-2010, 2:37 PM
You said it, Marty, but then again, Peck and Tony have proven themselves to go above and beyond anything I normally see from "corporate". Thanks guys, your efforts are very much appreciated!

:) dee

Brian Robison
04-16-2010, 6:18 PM
Internet good