PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Dennis

Lori Kleinberg
03-26-2010, 9:47 AM
I just wanted to thank Dennis Kranz. After I posted about getting my lathe and wanting to learn how to turn pens, Dennis made a very nice offer to help. So last Sunday I went to his house and after some instructions including safety stuff, Dennis walked me through my first turnings.
146343 146344
Sorry for the poor quality pictures :((someday I will take the time to learn proper photography, hopefully before the grandkids start showing up ;))
Anyway, the bottle stopper was from a Mesquite branch Dennis picked up in his yard and the pen is a slimline from Woodcraft made out of a scrap of African Mahogeny, I had left over from some cutting boards I made years ago.
Thanks again Dennis. I had a great time and got the confidence to try this on my own lathe.

Steve Schlumpf
03-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Lori - always great to hear when Creekers can get together - especially when you get to turn together!

Nice work on both items! Really like the pen!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work real soon!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Great first turnings! Always nice to get some live, hands-on experienced training! Congrats!

Baxter Smith
03-26-2010, 1:19 PM
They look good!

Bernie Weishapl
03-26-2010, 2:38 PM
Good looking pen and stopper. Always nice to get some hands on.

Ted Calver
03-26-2010, 2:59 PM
Lori...You just can't beat having someone show you how to do something first hand. Those turnings look pretty darn good!

David E Keller
03-26-2010, 5:13 PM
Nice work. It's always good to hear when one addict helps to get someone else hooked.:D

dennis kranz
03-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Lori
Your Wellcome to come back anytime.
Dennis