PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, James Taglienti

Ken Shoemaker
03-26-2010, 7:49 AM
James extended an invitation to his shop after I had posted that I needed help with hand planes. He said to bring all the planes with me and he have a look.

When I arrived at 9:00am, I was amazed at how many old tools James had!!! Stuff I've never seen before. He gave me a tour and detailed explanation of many of the tools during my visit.

He took the time to evaluate, tune, and sharpen all my planes. It's amazing that he got my #3 and #4 Dunlap "flee market" finds to take super fine shavings. 3:30PM caught up to us way to soon.

James, you are a gracious host and welcome in my shop anytime... but make it soon.

Thanks again, Ken

James Taglienti
03-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Ken we will have to make it over there in the near future... keep playing with those planes

Ken Fitzgerald
03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
James,

I lived in Cornell for 18 months....just down the road from Streator....in the late '60s.

Ken....I lived in Joliet for 4 1/2 years and commuted daily into Chi-town. Then I got transferred to Idaho.

Joe Cunningham
03-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Awesome, creekers helping creekers and not just with advice on the forum.

Jeff Willard
03-26-2010, 2:30 PM
....I lived in Joliet for 4 1/2 years...

I thought that was a prison:eek:. Yeah! That's it-saw it on "The Blues Brothers":D.

Callan Campbell
03-26-2010, 4:23 PM
I thought that was a prison:eek:. Yeah! That's it-saw it on "The Blues Brothers":D.
No, the prison was being in the car, driving to and from Chicago , back to Joliet. That can be a bad commute, esp with snow traffic:rolleyes: