PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Creeker visit

Jeff Nicol
03-25-2010, 9:54 PM
Good evening wood spinners!

I had a fellow creeker stop into the shop for a couple hours tonight. Jeff Fagen brought over some of his work and tools. I helped him get his drill bit tool ground right and showed him the ins and outs of how it works. I chucked up a chunk of cherry and turned a vase form and went through the steps. Jeff is a great guy and very comfortable around the shop and has been sucked into the Vortex just like the rest of us! We could have spent many more hours chatting and comparing notes, but I was worn out and ready for the lazy boy and the heat pad!

Should be the first of many meetings as we only live about 10 miles apart. So thanks Jeff for the fine time in the shop with and hope to see you again soon.

Another great day,

Jeff

John Keeton
03-25-2010, 10:09 PM
The "Jeff" team!! Congrats on the great creeker visit, but you do realize pics are required. Of course, you are probably going to say you guys were having so much fun with that hollowing tool you forgot to take a pic!!

Jeff Nicol
03-25-2010, 10:14 PM
The "Jeff" team!! Congrats on the great creeker visit, but you do realize pics are required. Of course, you are probably going to say you guys were having so much fun with that hollowing tool you forgot to take a pic!!
John, You are correct, we did not even think of the camera! Besides who would want to see STEREO JEFF'S!!! We will do it for sure the next time, and when I come to visit you I will bring the camera! Could be sometime soon too!

Jeff

John Keeton
03-25-2010, 10:17 PM
You know you are welcome anytime, and I can assure you the weather is better here, and.... you DO KNOW that KY is God's country!!! He lives just around the bend!:D;)

Bernie Weishapl
03-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Sounds like a great time was had by both of you.

Oh and John I was told that Kansas was God's country.:D:rolleyes: But then again my grandmother who is 101 told me the US is Gods country and I ain't arguing with her.

Jeff Fagen
03-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks Jeff for the fine hospitality!
It was a very enjoyable meeting,I new when I saw Jeff on Youtube that I just had to see how much fun he was having.
I found him to be very energetic,informative and friendly.
Willing to share his experience in turning and tool making.
I'm just trying to let what I learnd soak in a little.
I'm already looking forward to another visit.

Thanks again for the ride in your Vortex.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Congrats to both the Jeffs!

BTW...I know for a fact.....Idaho is where God comes for vacation! :D

Steve Schlumpf
03-26-2010, 12:28 AM
I was wondering when you two would link up for some show & tell! Sounds like you both had a great time! Hopefully it won't be too long until the next get-together! Looking forward to the photos!

Jeff - hope you are starting to feel better! Takes awhile but with the weather warming up ... some day ... it just might help!