PDA

View Full Version : Help: Porter Cable FN250C Oil-less nailer opinions

Kevin Gregoire
03-25-2010, 5:04 PM
i need help from everyone who owns one or has info of the new Porter Cable FN250C oil-less nailer
is this new oil-less line any good? i figured getting oil away from wood would be a good thing? and a maintenance free motor has to be a plus also?

please let me know your thoughts cause im looking to buy one.

thanks

Myk Rian
03-25-2010, 5:15 PM
A poll for this?
Aren't they all made by the same company now?

Kevin Gregoire
03-25-2010, 7:39 PM
im asking if anyone likes the new oil less porter cable nailers or if they will stick with the old nailers that need some oil.

Jim Terrill
03-25-2010, 11:23 PM
My vote- get an oiled compressor since they run a lot more quiet and install an inline filter. You can get one at the BORG for under $40 and then you get the best of both worlds.

Oops, thought you were talking about the compressor. Honestly I have never noticed any oil with my oiled guns, the only place the oil would come out would be the exhaust, so I don't see it as a huge concern.

Louis Brandt
03-26-2010, 11:26 AM
I bought the Porter-Cable FN250C oiless finish nailer and the Porter-Cable BN200B oiless brad nailer, and I like them both. On the other hand, these are the first nailers that I've ever used, so I can't compare them to any others, but I do like both of them, and they've both performed flawlessly for me.
Louis

Kevin Gregoire
04-05-2010, 3:28 PM
does anyone else have any opinions on the new Porter Cable oil-less nailers??