Patrick Doody
03-25-2010, 1:17 PM
Oh man So I've got the following incoming(extremely generous B-Day gift):

Delta 46-460
bed extension
stand with extensions
Nova Chuck
micro turning tools

Looks like I'll have to go get myself a sharpening system and some turning tools now. Can't Wait. I expect to see a few "you suck"s
:D

alex carey
03-25-2010, 1:19 PM
Congratz, that seems to be "THE" new mini lathe that everyone wants.

Gary Chester
03-25-2010, 1:57 PM
Cool!!!

You got some new stuff!!!:D Woo Hoo!!!

Now you get to go buy more stuff to go with stuff you just got!!!:D

Vortex :eek::eek::eek:

John Keeton
03-25-2010, 2:14 PM
Patrick, you are going to LOVE that lathe!! You may find a need for the micro tools, but you also need to get some larger tools, a good bowl gouge, etc. and the sharpening system - all set up and ready for when that lathe gets here!! No down time!!

Oh.....I can't say you suck, 'cause I have one, too!!;)

LONG LIVE DELTA FORCE!!!!!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=141251&d=1265645584

Patrick Doody
03-25-2010, 2:19 PM
good thinking. I should probably go down to woodcraft tomorrow (turning on a friend's lathe tonight) and purchase the rest of the loot. time to rearrange the shop again. now I can afford to buy some extra goodies!!!!

Jon McElwain
03-25-2010, 2:22 PM
I purchased a few micro tools, but didn't like them much. Too much vibration. Of course, if I put a micro tool in a large heavy handle, they work great! You're gunna love that machine - I've got one as well!

John Keeton
03-25-2010, 2:39 PM
On the issue of the micro tools, I got the same deal when I purchased the Delta. I already owned a set of BB micro tools, so I sold the Delta set. But, I have used only the small skew in the micro set. The others haven't been touched! Might be different if I did pens or pendants, as I can see where they would be a bit more appropriate.

Steve Schlumpf
03-25-2010, 2:54 PM
Congrats on all your birthday presents! Looking forward to the photos when the lathe arrives!

Our oldest son and family live in North St. Paul - I stop in at the Rockler in Maplewood when we visit - is there a Woodcraft close by?

Patrick Doody
03-25-2010, 3:09 PM
Yup there's a Woodcraft in Bloomington, kinda by the Mall of America. Just learned of it's existence myself recently. I've been to that Rockler many times.

charlie knighton
03-25-2010, 4:23 PM
happy birthday

John Tomasello jr
03-25-2010, 8:08 PM
Happy B-Day have fun with the new toys

Bernie Weishapl
03-25-2010, 9:48 PM
Happy Birthday and congrats on some nice toys.......er I mean tools.:eek::D

Patrick Doody
03-26-2010, 6:34 AM
Thanks everyone, I will continue to post updates and pictures of my turnings. Last night we rough turned a green bowl it's been anchorsealed so I have to wait a while to get back to it hopefully it will be my first green to bowl. (silver maple)