PDA

View Full Version : Tool Nut Does it Again

Jake Helmboldt
03-23-2010, 9:48 PM
Man, that Sean at Tool Nut. Sean goaded Roland and me into a race to get our Jet 1642s up and running with the promise of a prize for the winner.

Well, today a box shows up with a Jet die-cast tractor trailer that my almost 4-yr old daughter lit up over (she's my little tomboy). And tucked in the box was a pen kit as well.

I've been thinking about turning a pen for my father-in-law but hadn't gotten around to taking on yet another new kind of turning. Well, as I was looking over the edge staring into the vortex it seems Sean gave me a boot to the backside and shoved me in. Just what I needed; as if the vortex doesn't suck you in enough. :rolleyes:

I chose TN because of so many here at the Creek reccommending them, and I'll be doing the same. If only all businesses operated like them.

Thanks Sean, and everyone at Tool Nut!

JH

Steve Schlumpf
03-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Congrats on your big win! Looking forward to seeing photos of you first pen!

Bernie Weishapl
03-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Congrats and look forward to seeing some turnings.

David E Keller
03-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Congrats! Nothing unique about your experience with Toolnut... Easily the best customer service I've ever experienced.

Roland Martin
03-24-2010, 6:48 AM
I humbly concede Jake:D Congrats on the prize, nothing like a 4 year old with a big grin!!! Ditto on my Toolnut experience. What a machine, I still have to pinch myself now & then.

Donald Wilkins
03-24-2010, 7:40 AM
Wish I was in on that...I got mine on the Monday after the sale...and with the help of a local Creeker / club member, it was up the same afternoon.

ToolNut has my vote as well. It was my first purchase from them and was very easy (easier than driving across town to WC to just find out that they would have to order it as well...and pay a much higher price). Shipment was so fast, I did not even have time to get the dust collection rerouted for the new lathe location.

ToolNut will get many more purchases from me.

Many Turnings,

-Donald-

Jim Silva
03-24-2010, 9:51 AM
I'm hearing a lot about Tool Nut here but when I visit their site I've found no reference whatsoever about lathes of any kind. Am I on the wrong site or is there something I'm missing?

Google searches find www.toolnut.com and from there a link to some "myhardwareonline.com" shop.

Could someone provide a bit more info?:)

Jim

Thom Sturgill
03-24-2010, 9:58 AM
Jake, I followed the 'race' with interest and it inspired me to order my own. Congrats!
Jim, just call Sean at the number on the web page.

Nick Mastropietro
03-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Jim
I think you have two options 1) fill out a quote request or 2) call the phone number listed on the site and ask for Sean if he's not there just about any one of those folks will do. Happy hunting.

Sean Ackerman NY
03-24-2010, 6:37 PM
Man, that Sean at Tool Nut. Sean goaded Roland and me into a race to get our Jet 1642s up and running with the promise of a prize for the winner.

Well, today a box shows up with a Jet die-cast tractor trailer that my almost 4-yr old daughter lit up over (she's my little tomboy). And tucked in the box was a pen kit as well.

I've been thinking about turning a pen for my father-in-law but hadn't gotten around to taking on yet another new kind of turning. Well, as I was looking over the edge staring into the vortex it seems Sean gave me a boot to the backside and shoved me in. Just what I needed; as if the vortex doesn't suck you in enough. :rolleyes:

I chose TN because of so many here at the Creek reccommending them, and I'll be doing the same. If only all businesses operated like them.

Thanks Sean, and everyone at Tool Nut!

JH

That's awesome! So glad she likes it :)

I didn't goad you guys into a race, you set it up yourselves. I just provided a prize!

As always, thank you all for the kind words. It's an honor to work with such an enthusiastic, charismatic and knowledgeable group like you guys. Whenever I have a new customer who just happened across the creek, but isn't registered, I actually rave to him about you guys. It's my own personal forum to speak my mind.

George Morris
03-24-2010, 7:16 PM
The Tool Nut are a class act! Bought my 3520 from them they where excelent!

Good to see that today from a business!