PDA

View Full Version : jawhorse

Robert Snowden
03-23-2010, 9:47 PM
Have any of you creeker's use the jawhorse made by rockwell?Ijust traded for one and so far it has replaced two helper's lol.This tool is great if you do alot my yourself.You can get many different attachment's the vice alone is worth the price of 179.00.I have no stock in this company,just a great tool.

Robert Snowden
03-24-2010, 7:15 AM
Look's like there is no interest in this tool.Sure did'nt mean to bore the creeker's

Archie Hendrick
03-24-2010, 7:24 AM
Not bored - just envious, Robert. I want one badly - with the log holding thingy. My neighbor has one and used it for a timber framing project. It held the timbers rock solid while he cut M & Ts, bored holes etc.

Archie

Robert Snowden
03-24-2010, 7:41 AM
I work alone doing all type's of repair on stairway's and handrail's ,steel fencing this thing is just great.I ywish i had one 20 year's ago.It will hold whatever you put in the vise and don't talk back.So far it has and a+ rating with me.

Mitchell Andrus
03-24-2010, 8:39 AM
Look's like there is no interest in this tool.Sure did'nt mean to bore the creeker's

I was asleep, not bored. Let it ride a few days.

It would help to post a picture or link so we don't all have to Google it.

http://www.rockwelltoolsdirect.com/jawhorse/workbench.html

Nope, looks too light for a lot of pulling, tugging and hammering. Tripods are just too easy to tip over, and splayed legs get in the way.

Keith Outten
03-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Robert,

I own a JawHorse and I think it is an excellent tool. I use mine moslty for off site work but there are times I find it to be just the right tool for the job when i have a shop project and I need another set of hands.

Brian Darold
03-25-2010, 8:40 AM
I've got one too and I use it all the time in and out of the shop. I also bought the plywood holding attachment so I can use it to hold a 4x8 sheet while I break it down. It works surprisingly well! I thought it would work like a fancy saw horse but it's way better than that. Plywood on sawhorses can move. Plywood held in the Jawhorse doesn't.

You can also easily make auxiliary tables and clamp those in the jaws for temporary work surfaces. That also has come in really handy on numerous occasions.