PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Knight Planes

Leigh Betsch
03-22-2010, 11:02 PM
As promised, a couple of pics of the Knight planes that I picked up from Steve Knight a few weeks ago. Three coffin smoothers and a jointer. A couple of the blades are a little short but the price was right.
The two spoon planes and the dovetail plane are left to finish, I'm teetering on selling them as I don't have an imediate need for them. I lost the name of the Creeker who already pm'ed me on the dovetail. If you are out there give me another pm.

David Gendron
03-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Great work! I'm sending you a PM, but not for the DT plane.

Steve knight
03-23-2010, 12:19 PM
hey if your gonna be a reseller I expect some kickback.:D

Dave Anderson NH
03-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Steve, you just need to think of it as outsourcing the majority of your labor.:D

Tony Shea
03-23-2010, 12:55 PM
hey if your gonna be a reseller I expect some kickback.

Busted! It's crazy on this site how it seems as though everyone is watching. A while back I was posting about a Infinity Dado Set I bought and was asking about the size of the dado's that the set was cutting. It didn't seem as accurate as I expected. Anyways, the manufacturer (Infinity) ended up posting on my thread and wanted me to call him. Needless to say he worked out a great situation for me and he was the one that contacted me about the issue. It just never ceases to amaze me who is out there watching on this site.

BTW, the planes are great looking and would love to run them through their paces. One of these days when I have the time I'm going to attempt my hand at making a few.

Leigh Betsch
03-23-2010, 1:44 PM
hey if your gonna be a reseller I expect some kickback.:D

Well if you are interested I can work a special deal for you!!:D

Actually Steve I'm passing along the great deal that you gave to me. In an effort of full disclousre, I've agreed to sell the spoon planes for $50 ($25 ea), and the dovetail plane for $50. So I don't feel guillty abouit re-selling since they are going to Creekers at pretty much the same price as you gave me. I would like to have kept them (especialy the dovetail) but I think others will use them better, and I just bought a couple too many chisels from another Creeker.
I think you're joking Steve but if me re-selling doesn't sit right with you please let me know.

Steve knight
03-23-2010, 7:02 PM
sell them for what you will I don't have a problem with it. your money helped me redo my shop and that was what I needed.
I do like the outsourcing idea. as long as they are not sent to china.