PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Birdhouse

Mike Minto
03-22-2010, 7:53 PM
Turned this for the wife; she want to put a small tree in our dining room, and then hang this from it. Spalted maple with cherry from a log I found. Bird from Michael's. About 9" tall, 3." in diameter or so (I like to use a twig from the yard for the perch) with a couple of coats of wipe-on satin poly.

David E Keller
03-22-2010, 8:06 PM
That's pretty neat, Mike. If the LOYL likes it, it's a keeper.

Nice piece of spalted maple as well.

Mike Peace
03-22-2010, 8:32 PM
I would prefer a more neutral background. The clutter around the turning definitely detracts. I think I would like to see a little overhang on the roof line and perhaps a slightly smaller diameter finial. I think the bird is a nice touch.

Bernie Weishapl
03-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Great looking birdhouse. Will look good hanging in the house.

Kaptan J.W. Meek
03-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey, just curious.. Where do you get the birds?.. oh crap.. now I see.. Michaels.. I've been wanting to try that, I just never remember the dang birdhouse when I'm thinkin' of a project.

Gary Chester
03-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Yes... interesting background. Is that a bill for 2336.00? you better get that paid!!!:D:D:D And what are you going to do with all those knives???:D:D:D

I agree with Mike, more overhang, thinner finial and a great bird!

Tim Browne
03-24-2010, 9:45 AM
Nicely done Mike. I hope you don't put that by a window. The birds outside might hurt themselves trying to get in to use it.

John Keeton
03-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Mike, I actually like the spalted look with the bird. I understand Mike's comment, but in this case I think it works.