PDA

View Full Version : Did a lot figuering

Jay Jolliffe
03-22-2010, 5:32 PM
but I guess not enough. Spent all day Sunday drawing to scale then cutting all the pieces for a corner cabinet & the sides cut at an angle to fit in the corner. Then trying to figure the cabinets that butt up to it on each side so the face frames butt up to each other. Well I guess I didn't do enough figuring. Went to put the shelf in & no good couldn't get it in. Opening to small for the shelf.This cabinet will sit on a platform of 4" so its only 25" tall plus a 1" counter. It will be desk height of 30". Felt really stupid after that. Fein Multimaster to the rescue. Removed the screws cut the glue joints & removed the top. Made the shelf & made new top. If you can follow that good job :D

John Thompson
03-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Some days it just doesn't pay to get up. Yesteday I used my 18" BS to do some re-saw. I was caked in saw-dust before I came to the conclusion that I didn't turn the dust collector on. Dropped what I was doing.. went and took a shower and took my lovely to dinner. It can wait until I am more attentive and tomorrow always comes soon. ;)

Michael MacDonald
03-23-2010, 12:02 PM
just last night I was watching the NYW corner cabinet episode... (first or second season?). The calculations (12.5 degree dado cut? OK) seemed overly difficult. Just for once, I would like to see an episode where Norm makes an oopsie and has to start over... then I could smile on my own numerous mistakes.