PDA

View Full Version : Blum Metabox

Dan Karachio
03-22-2010, 5:04 PM
I don't want to sound like a whiner, but I'm having trouble understanding how to put together a Blum Metabox drawer. I realize it is simple enough, the bottom and back need to be a certain width relative to the drawer opening, but gosh, can this company even try to write clear instructions? It seems like it would be simple enough to describe what needs to be done.

I'm thinking this is one of those cases where NOT reading the instructions would be a better bet. Still, so as to avoid any mess ups, can anyone offer advice on common mistakes to avoid and/or other tips?

Gerry Grzadzinski
03-22-2010, 6:35 PM
We used a CNC to drill the holes for ours. Basically, the bottoms got 3 5mm holes on each side, towards the front of the drawer. Two of the three were for tabs, and one for a screw. The back usually gets 4 5mm holes, two on each side. The back holds the bottom down. Not sure what clips your using for the drawer fronts. We used the ones that were knocked into 10mm holes.

They're actually really easy to put together. Install the bottom, then the back, then the drawer front.