PDA

View Full Version : Mini Lathe Delivery

Terry Murphy
03-22-2010, 2:00 PM
Those of you that have had a mini lathe delivered to you, how was the delivery?
Do they drop it of at the end of your driveway, or will they help you get it to the garage?
I'm only 30' from the road, but I couldn't carry it, I would have to drag it.
Curious!

Terry :rolleyes:

alex carey
03-22-2010, 2:09 PM
well a dolly could easily do it. Not sure which mini you have but they only weigh about 100#.

Jim Terrill
03-22-2010, 2:16 PM
well a dolly could easily do it. Not sure which mini you have but they only weigh about 100#.

With the exception of the granite steel city mini. Close to 200 with packing materials. Craziness.

Steve Peterson
03-22-2010, 2:41 PM
I had some 30" by 8' maple tabetops delivered from Grizzly once. They probably weigh around 120 lbs including the packaging.

The delivery guy said he could not take his truck up our sloped gravel driveway. He parked at the bottom and we each grabbed an end and carried them 100' to the garage.

Steve

Chris Stolicky
03-22-2010, 3:57 PM
I guess it depends on the delivery method/company.

I have seen both the Jet mini and the Delta midi both sent Fed Ex. Just left on the door step.

Steve Mawson
03-22-2010, 4:20 PM
Jet Mini is about 75lb and Delta 46-460 is a little more. Have had both delivered but they came to my warehouse.

jason lambert
03-22-2010, 4:44 PM
all depends on the delevery company and person but I would guess you should have to sign for it and they will drop it womewhere with in reason. but you ould alwas unpack it and move it in smaller pieces or a hand truck or dolly would do it if you can't pick it up.

dan carter
03-22-2010, 5:10 PM
heh eheh the ups guy can't get up where i live from nov-april, he leaves my deliveries down across the river at the local chevron station. the delta 46-460 does weigh some, but i had a neighbor help me pick it up in a raging snow storm and we made it fine. but, normally, ups would have set it on my front porch. the 46-460 slightly exceeds the ups limits, but the measurement of the box complies with their regs. actually about the same happened when my pm 3520B was delivered, but i met the truck down at the market and he wheeled it into my pickup, it weighed in at over 700lbs. i then 4 wheeled it thru a foot of new snow ok and backed into the garage. certainly two people make the pm setup easier,but if youare talking about the 46-460, one guys can handle it ok with a two wheeler.

Steven DeMars
03-22-2010, 5:27 PM
A new crisp $20.00 will move a box about that size anywhere you want it.

Have cash in hand when you greet driver . . . .works for me every time . . .

Steve:D

Paul Atkins
03-22-2010, 5:47 PM
Doesn't sound too mini to me.