PDA

View Full Version : JDS Pin Problem

Liesl Dexheimer
03-22-2010, 1:53 PM
Has anyone had complaints from customers about JDS pins coming off name badges (in particular # JD102D)? They are the self adhesive kind, I try to push down on them fairly hard when I attach them to the plastic badge. I've told my customers NOT to through the badge in the washing machine (sometimes that happens when they wash their clothes and forget they left the badge on).

Joe Pelonio
03-22-2010, 2:01 PM
I had a few come back, finally gave them a few extras for the future. Might be old stock, adhesive loses it's power sitting a long time with just the
paper peeloff on it. Since I don't do a lot of them (90% order magnetic) I now use plain ones and epoxy.

Liesl Dexheimer
03-22-2010, 2:24 PM
Interesting, thank you for the response. We used to use acetone to adhere them but that was pretty messy and you tend to get it on your fingers.

Viktor Voroncov
03-22-2010, 2:33 PM
We produce something similar
http://www.litografa.lt/index.php?aid=265
Last three years do not offer pins with self adhesive - only without and reccomend use Cosmoplast for fixing (this is popular in Europe moment glue). You can tell to customers all possible precautions but where is warranty that they will listen you and follow your advices.

We have purchased from JDS magnets one year ago and after 2 months of storage double side tape just "flown" from metal. JDS replaced all items very quickly and without additional paperwork!

Mike Null
03-22-2010, 4:46 PM
I use lots of JDS without that problem. Most of what I use are the safety clip and the magnets but still no problems.

Ron Chapellaz
03-22-2010, 6:01 PM
I do a few name tags with the self adhesive. It is much faster than using acetone. I primarily do the magnetic ones myself but have never had anyone complain about adhesive ones...

Scott Balboa
03-23-2010, 12:19 PM
I forget what the JDS pinbacks look like.... are they the ones with the white foam-tape with the light yellow paper you peel off? If so, I have never had a problem with these. Maybe a bad batch?

Martin Boekers
03-23-2010, 2:05 PM
Interesting, thank you for the response. We used to use acetone to adhere them but that was pretty messy and you tend to get it on your fingers.

I use quite a bit from JDS no complaints so far. It's not to say a bad batch may occer from time to time.

Does Weld On work?

Marty

Liesl Dexheimer
03-23-2010, 5:18 PM
I forget what the JDS pinbacks look like.... are they the ones with the white foam-tape with the light yellow paper you peel off? If so, I have never had a problem with these. Maybe a bad batch?

Yes they are the ones with the white foam & yellow paper.

Bill Cunningham
03-25-2010, 9:52 PM

I've been using acetone for the last 20+ years, you just put 3 drops on the back of the badge with a hypodermic needle, and set the pin onto the drops, wait a second or two then press into place. The only time I had a problem, was when my supplier sent me some new Chinese pins made with a plastic the acetone would not affect. In that case, crazy glue worked, but the metal pins kept breaking off the mounts. It seemed that the new plastic was far too brittle so the supplier replaced them and I've had no problem since.