PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Birthday Gloat!! *Pics*

Keith Starosta
11-08-2004, 8:42 AM
My birthday isn't until January, but since my Mom was in town now, she asked if I might like to get my gift early, and asked it there was anything I had been thinking about picking up for the shop. MUUAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Our trip to the Borg netted me the Bosch 1590EVS Jigsaw! I've been working with a 25 year old Craftsman for a looooong time, and had wanted to upgrade to this model for quite a while. I've had just enought time to plug it in, slap in a speed blade, and cut a bunch of curves out of a 2x4. :D I'm looking forward to more playtime this afternoon.

Pics:
- The newest addition...
- I always see this shot in the back of magazines, so I thought I'd take my own. :D

Keith

John Miliunas
11-08-2004, 8:48 AM
Nice score, Keith! Oh, and Happy Birthday...Early! :) :cool:

Jim Becker
11-08-2004, 8:54 AM
"Precision Control" is a nice thing to have in a jigsaw. You will be pleased with the results of having those blade guides...night and day over a tool without them, especially when you are cutting thicker material. Don't adjust them too tight to the blade, however...friction will heat the blade very quickly! DAMHIKT!!

Kent Cori
11-08-2004, 8:39 PM
Great jigsaw Keith but more importantly a great mom too. Do you think she would like to adopt another son? ;) :) :D

Ted Shrader
11-08-2004, 8:49 PM
Keith -

Congrats on the new jigsaw. You will really like using it. Light years of difference over what you had. Wait till you actually use it for something other than a test!

Ted.

Rich Konopka
11-08-2004, 9:39 PM
Oh I am so jealous. I'll trade you my 1980's era Gold colored Black & Decker.

I have eyed them too and I hope you'll let us know how it works out for you.

Allen Grimes
11-09-2004, 1:28 AM
Hey I got that jigsaw too. Its currently my most used tool, since I dont have a 220v line for my TS yet. I love it, its good enough without the precision control, but with it you have to be realy sloppy to get a bad cut. My favorite thing about it though is the lack of vibration.

Keith Starosta
11-09-2004, 7:16 AM
Thanks, guys!! It's been a busy week already, so I haven't done anything more with it, but plan to. Since my BS seems to have a few issues at the moment, the first real project this saw will help me tackle is to cut out the templates I'm going to use to make a fleet of Norm's Adirondack chairs. I think the Precision Control will be MOST helpful in that task.

Keith

Kelly C. Hanna
11-09-2004, 7:34 AM
Happy birthday....nice jigsaw!!

Bart Leetch
11-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Thats a great saw. Even though you have a new saw if your old saw is a scroll head (turnable head) saw & still works reasonably ok keep it it will get into places a none scroll type saw won't DAMHIKT. Remember you may use these saws in places where you will have interference that will not allow you to turn the saw & then you'll need to turn the head. :)

Jerry Olexa
11-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Keith, IMO that is the Best Jigsaw out there. You'll like it'. You have a good Mom and now an excellent jigsaw! Happy Birthday, Jerry

Dan Mages
11-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Happy birthday! Nice jigsaw you have there... even tho it is not a Festool. ;) ;)