PDA

View Full Version : any info on this saw?

Joshua Cole
03-22-2010, 3:44 AM
Hey guys i just picked up this saw but i'm trying to find out any info i can on it. I can't seem to find anything on it. I'm wondering if its not just a cheap knock off, Only thing i know the guide blocks are 5/8" kinda oddball size and the blade is a 128" again a lil oddball size but thought maybe someone would recognize something or know of somewhere i could look to find more info. Thanks
Josh

Harlan Coverdale
03-22-2010, 4:54 AM
Congrats. That looks like it should clean up nicely. I've never heard of the brand, but I'll bet you're right about it being a generic Asian knockoff of some type. Still should be a good workable saw. I wouldn't worry about the blade size. Any real blade seller will make them whatever length you order. You might not find that size in a prepackeged blade at the borg or Rockler, but you probably don't really want one of those blades anyway.

Curt Harms
03-22-2010, 8:26 AM
Congrats. That looks like it should clean up nicely. I've never heard of the brand, but I'll bet you're right about it being a generic Asian knockoff of some type. Still should be a good workable saw. I wouldn't worry about the blade size. Any real blade seller will make them whatever length you order. You might not find that size in a prepackeged blade at the borg or Rockler, but you probably don't really want one of those blades anyway.

If this is your first bandsaw, you might want to get one of the bandsaw books from Duginske or Bird. Timberwolf is a frequent recommendation for blades--they'll make any length you need. I've used 3 brands of bandsaw blades, Lenox flexback, SuperCut & Timberwolf. I haven't found one superior to the others, they all work. I do feel like I can feed faster with the Lenox blades, but cut quality is rougher than with slower feed rates.