PDA

View Full Version : Knight Sliding Dovetail Plane Pic

Leigh Betsch
03-20-2010, 9:50 AM
Does anyone have a pic of a finished Knight sliding male dovetail plane? I bought a few unfinished planes from Steve and the dovetail plane has me a bit puzzled on how to fit the wedge and how the blade should fit the mouth. I also sent Steve an e-mail so he will probably respond to me but I thought maybe someone here will be faster with a pic.

Brian Kent
03-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I do not have one, but when I googled "Knight Sliding Dovetail Plane" and then selected "images" at the top of the page, there were several excellent and huge pictures available to you.

Have fun

David Gendron
03-20-2010, 12:59 PM
I have a lot of geat pictures, but I wont show them to you... Just kiding, I don't have any:p. Good luck with the planes and show us pics when they are done!

Leigh Betsch
03-20-2010, 4:04 PM
I did google images for the plane but the one I have is just a bit different than those. Steve did e-mail me with a few pics so I think I can take it from here.
And David just for that smart aleck comment I will show you a few pics and you are going to be sooooooooo jelous.........;)
By the way I've finished up 3 coffin smoothers and the jointer plane already. I've got 2 spoon planes and the male dovetail plane left to finish. All together there were 7 planes in the bunch.

Rob Fisher
03-20-2010, 8:40 PM
I did google images for the plane but the one I have is just a bit different than those. Steve did e-mail me with a few pics so I think I can take it from here.
And David just for that smart aleck comment I will show you a few pics and you are going to be sooooooooo jelous.........;)
By the way I've finished up 3 coffin smoothers and the jointer plane already. I've got 2 spoon planes and the male dovetail plane left to finish. All together there were 7 planes in the bunch.

I think this is well deserved...YOU SUCK!!!! :D