PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas for a good neander project, and a small gloat.

Will Brauneis
03-19-2010, 5:58 PM
I went down to Oregon the other day because a guy was selling English walnut for 1$ bdf for 4/4 and 3$ a bdf for 12/4. I was hoping to come away with several hundred board feet but the 4/4 wasnt much to look at it had too many knots and defects but i ended up finding two nice pieces of 12/4 about 30 bdf total for 90$. So i think the trip was worth it as all the 12/4 english walnut i have seen has been 20$+ a bdf. Trouble is now i have these two chunks of walnut stairing at me whenever i work in my shop. So i need a project to turn them into. I was thinking mayby a pair of end tables or a rifle stock but im not feeling very inspired by these ideas :/ So what would you guys make if you had 30 bdf of 3" english walnut?

Jim Koepke
03-20-2010, 1:27 AM
Maybe a jewelry box for the wife.

My wife also does a lot of drawing and uses a box like clip board. She would likely enjoy one made by me of wood. Of course your wife might have some other interest that could use a storage box, possibly sewing or some other activity she does.

Or you could make a toolbox for yourself.

jim