PDA

View Full Version : Does this qualify...

Lamar Horton
11-07-2004, 1:59 PM
as a gloat. I have a small arsenal of clamps, a mixture of bar, pipe and those Quick-Grips. I have seen shops with thirty or forty million Bessey's (clamps alone cost more than my whole shop) (I must have clamp envy). Anyway, I received some Home Depot gift cards for Bday recently, ($55 total) and decided to take the plunge and give these Jorgensons a try. They were marked down from $32 to $25. So how did I do?
http://www.handcraftedbylamarhorton.com/assets/images/Jorgies.jpg

Steve Clardy
11-07-2004, 2:06 PM
Oh thats a decent price. I think you'll like them. I do. I bought 28 of them during the jorgy sales. They are a nice heavy duty clamp.
Steve

Ken Fitzgerald
11-07-2004, 2:21 PM
Lamar...nice gloat.....I was looking at them yesterday at HD while buying some more electrical supplies!

Jim O'Dell
11-07-2004, 3:09 PM
Lamar...nice gloat.....I was looking at them yesterday at HD while buying some more electrical supplies!

Ken, that might work on our wifes, but the Jorgy's in my Home Depot are NO WHERE NEAR the electrical supplies. Were you just practicing on us????? :D Jim.

Lamar Horton
11-07-2004, 3:52 PM
I didn't think we were allowed to go into a Home Depot without giving the tool section a once over.

Ted Shrader
11-07-2004, 8:07 PM
Lamar -

That does qualify as a gloat! I bought a couple the other day on mark down also. As a devoted Bessey fan, thought I would give them a try. Haven't used them yet, so can't coment. The reversable feature looks interesting, though.

Good buy on the clamps!

Ted

Ted Shrader
11-07-2004, 8:10 PM
True statement! Actually it is a <u>twice</u> over. Stop there on your way to pick up what it is you went for. Then stop again on the way out in case you missed something the first time. :)

Ted

Tom LaRussa
11-07-2004, 10:22 PM
They were marked down from $32 to $25. So how did I do?
Lamar,

I'm not sure whether to classify this as a gloat or as succumbing to pear pressure. :eek: :D :) :p

John Miliunas
11-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Lamar, yup...That'd be a gloat, awright! :) You even made it with photo documentation and all! :cool:

Mathew Nedeljko
11-08-2004, 1:00 AM
Consider yourself Luck Lamar!

I went into four Home Depot's in Cincinnati this weekend looking for exactly those clamps, and all of them were gone at that Clearance price :( The only thing left is the 48" ones, and they're not marked down. Go figure!

Scott Parks
11-08-2004, 8:54 PM
Consider yourself Luck Lamar!

I went into four Home Depot's in Cincinnati this weekend looking for exactly those clamps, and all of them were gone at that Clearance price :( The only thing left is the 48" ones, and they're not marked down. Go figure!
I've been into 7 Depots looking for Bessey's, and all of them had the Jorgy's on sale and in stock!

Kelly C. Hanna
11-09-2004, 7:37 AM
Goin into any HD's and passing up the tool crib is a serious foul. I've been guilty of it myself, but only during working hours. It's almost like passing a garage sale without stopping.

I'd say you qualify for a gloat...you can never have too many clamps!!!

Greg Narozniak
11-09-2004, 7:55 AM
I say you did pretty good. Congrats!! :D :D

Chris Padilla
11-10-2004, 1:05 PM
Very nice and you have my stamp for an official gloat! :D

Charlie Plesums
11-10-2004, 2:07 PM
I've been into 7 Depots looking for Bessey's, and all of them had the Jorgy's on sale and in stock!
I talked to someone from Bessey, and they said they loved Home Depot as an outlet, but they couldn't make any money on the clamps Home Depot sold, so they pulled out. (Must have been the time of the clearance sale a year or so ago).

It appears Home Depot switched to Jorgys, but since Norm doesn't use them, most of the HD customers don't realize that they are the competing units. At my Home Depot, they now only carry cheap clamps - no K body.

I recently needed a couple more Besseys in a hurry, and found that Lowe's still carries them.

Garry Smith
11-10-2004, 3:25 PM
I have purchased some of the Jorgasen clamps just lately and found them more difficult to use than the Bessy's but are still much perfeered to the old pipe clamps.