PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1624 Owners

Paul Douglass
03-19-2010, 11:10 AM
I have a Nova 1624. Got it last summer. It seems to me it is not turning a smoothly as it use to, has kind of a wobble or vibration to it. I'm not at all sure what is causing it. Any suggesting on what I should be looking for? This lathe has not has that much use, I mean I use it but I would not expect anything to be wearing out this quickly. Didn't have this problem with my cheap HF lathe and I had it a lot longer than I've had this one.

Steve Harder
03-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Contact Tim Geist - he is the manufacturer's rep for Nova in the US - he was very helpful with a motor bearing issue I had - he should be able to help you sort out your problem. He knows Nova inside and out.

Note the early east coast hrs if you are going to call him.

tvgeistmfg@aol.com

Hours: 6:00am - 2:30pm EST
Phone/Fax: (304) 295-8166

T. V. Geist Manufacturing Inc; Representative for Teknatool International Ltd
Smart Tools, Powerful Solutions
Web Site: www.timstoolcrib.com

Mike Minto
03-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Paul, I had one for a couple of years, and the same thing happened to me. Check the bolts that mount the motor to the frame - mine had worked loose a little, and yours may be doing the same. Also check the allen/set screw on the pulley wheels - it may have come loose.

Michael Mills
03-19-2010, 2:33 PM
1+ for checking the set screw in the pulleys. That is only problem I have had with mine.
Mike